Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Esta

Florida Savvy

Esta

travelling in 2 weeks party of 6
    We have obtained our estas without problem,when filling in forms it asked where we would be staying , I have answered Las Vegas as this is where we will be for 3 days ,we then travel to Florida for a week,will this cause a problem.

Gold 5 Star Member
    No - you only need to provide the venue for your arrival first night.

I don't think so. The old forms used to just ask for the address of your first night, so that is what I put on the ESTA. Lots of visitors travel around and there is only room for one address.

Sue
    Gerry and Sue

I had the same issue on a recent multi-city trip to the USA. It's true, they only need your first address.

It made sense at one of the hotels I stayed at - they asked for my next address. Presumably, the USA govt. believes most hotels do this, so they could 'follow' you around the country if required. Only the one hotel ever asked though.

Gold 5 Star Member
    It's all a bit of a nonsense really because there isn't any link between what you enter and where you end up staying and I don't believe they ever verify it. It's particularly ridiculous if your point of arrival is merely a stopover en route to another country and you have to fill it all in even though you aren't staying in the US at all.

Florida Chatterbox
    You are only asked to advise of the address of your first night. Even this is a bit of a fallacy.
    Sush, don't tell anyone on here but a few years ago I did an AOA villa holiday and I did not know where I would be staying until I was leaving the airport. The tour company said fill in thier office address in Orlando. So this is point one.
    Point two is you can travel on an ESTA for two years (if you do not renew your passport in the interim) and there is no requirement to update your flight / arrival details let alone where you are staying.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DLB-GOUROCK View Post
    Point two is you can travel on an ESTA for two years (if you do not renew your passport in the interim) and there is no requirement to update your flight / arrival details let alone where you are staying.
    But you do have to enter them on your Advanced Passenger Information.

Florida Chatterbox
    API is a different question to ESTA.

Even that is ambiguous ...

Don't know your address in the USA?
    > Fly drive holidays – Please provide the name and location of the car hire company and where you plan to stop first.
    > Cruises – If you’re joining a cruise ship, provide the cruise ship name and the port your cruise leaves from.
    > Accommodation allocated on arrival – Please provide the name of our resort office.
    > Backpackers – Please give an indication of where you’ll spend your first night.
    > Transferring to another flight – Please give details of the departing flight number and destination.

Just reading the above, If you don't have a direct flight and say arriving at Newark then your API will be your onward flight details and Orlando. No address ????

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DLB-GOUROCK View Post
    API is a different question to ESTA.
    Very much so.

The main difference is that the obligation to provide API falls on the airline rather than the individual although of course they have to get most of it from the passenger to do so.
    Last edited by Katys Grandad; 23-08-2013 at 03:41.

What about passports my passport runs out March 2014 and we are thinking of travelling to Orlando November do you need to have 6 months left on the passport or is this not the case?