Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: travelling in 6 weeks

Florida Savvy
    Keeping fingers crossed for you, you're not asking for much.. Hope it goes well.

Florida Savvy
    In someways your fortunate- my granddaughters dad won't let me take her out the country. There's nothing I would like more than to take my 7 year old granddaughter with me! But the only way he 'may' give permission is if I take their little one who's just turned 3. If my daughter had some money, she could pay to go, then the dad couldn't do a thing!! It gets very complicated!!

Thanks all will keep u posted xxx
    Liesa

Super Moderator
    Hope it is the best outcome keeping my fingers crossed

I hope it works out well for you and your family liesaAnna .......
    big momma .....we took our grandaughter (age 11) to florida a couple of months ago and we also had a letter from her mum saying she was allowed to go on holiday with us ....which i though would cover everthing just fine....the customs guy (who was very nice) asked us if we had a lawyers letter saying the same thing .....now that caught us unawares but we just answered 'no' as that was all we could do ....but all was fine ...so just be aware that they may ask you that same question on entry to the US if you manage to take your grandaughter with you ...the customs guy also asked my grandaughter a few questions but we already had her told her that they might ask her questions and that there was nothing to be afraid of and just to answer truthfully any questions that were asked of her ....Good Luck .

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    Fingers crossed Liesa.
    Lyn

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seanchai View Post
    I hope it works out well for you and your family liesaAnna .......
    big momma .....we took our grandaughter (age 11) to florida a couple of months ago and we also had a letter from her mum saying she was allowed to go on holiday with us ....which i though would cover everthing just fine....the customs guy (who was very nice) asked us if we had a lawyers letter saying the same thing .....now that caught us unawares but we just answered 'no' as that was all we could do ....but all was fine ...so just be aware that they may ask you that same question on entry to the US if you manage to take your grandaughter with you ...the customs guy also asked my grandaughter a few questions but we already had her told her that they might ask her questions and that there was nothing to be afraid of and just to answer truthfully any questions that were asked of her ....Good Luck .
    The other big thing that is very important is to make sure that the letter you take also says that you are acting "in loco parentis" and have full permission to authorise any necessary medical treatment.
    Babblin Boo

Florida Savvy
    I've told her ill take her when she's big, she's decided that will be when she's 12! I've told her she might have to be 16 or 18. Perhaps by 12 she'll be able to badger her dad into letting her go. But thanks for the advice hopefully after signing a lawyers letter, he couldn't back out of giving his permission.

Does her Mum not have the authority to allow her to go? Never this problem, but just a thought.

My sons passport is being returned today!!
    Liesa