Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: travelling in 6 weeks

travelling in 6 weeks

we are travelling to florida in 6 weeks today...
    my son who is 32 years old was a bit naughty some years back and has to have a visa to get into the USA, he has only been in trouble after his ex partner (mum to his 6 year old daughter) when he was living with her he used to have a drink with his mates at the weekend and on going back to the girlfriends house she would start trouble.. i've been there seen it first hand anyway she had called the police on him several times reporting him for domestic violence she was a crafty cow as it was her physically attacking him... anyway.. his police check came back with no live trace (she would change her mind and withdraw her statements etc) anyway they (my other lad has been helping him with this) decided still best to get visa as they didnt know if things would show he hadnt reported...
    well hes just had his appointment with the USA embassy in London and they have refused him... they asked him how many times were the poilce called he said 3 maybe 4... he told them it was because he had a drink so they said they want him to have a medical and this will be in a month... they say he wont get it done in time.....
    can anyone offer me a glimmer of hope please? i cant say anything further as the lads are still in London and wont be back until 4 apparently there is a number to call ... my head is pounding, i'm in tears....
    Liesa

Gold 5 Star Member
    I'm assuming that the issue is about his alcohol consumption.

I've no idea whether this is possible but is there any system for him to get his own medical report and and provide that instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Katys Grandad View Post
    I'm assuming that the issue is about his alcohol consumption.

I've no idea whether this is possible but is there any system for him to get his own medical report and and provide that instead?
    KG yes i think so.... am about to look through the letter online hes just sent a copy of it to me...
    Liesa

Gold 5 Star Member
    Fingers crossed Liesa!

we just spoke arranged an appointment for Dez to go for the medical tomorrow.. back to London, £280 for the pleasure... plus he loses a days pay... good ol bank of mum n dad.. or even Grandad!
    Liesa

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    We will all keep our fingers crossed for him. Keep us informed and good luck.
    Lyn

Super Moderator
    Hope all goes well for him and he gets his visa. At least he is going about it the correct way there would be nothing worse than not applying, landing in Florida and then to be refused entry.

Keeping fingers crossed that this is done quickly and visa granted. Such a shame, feel really bad for you all as it affects everyone.
    Jan

You definitely took the better approach by getting this sorted before you leave. I'm sure everything will go fine for your son.

Fingers crossed for you all.

oh its so scary! the medical is £280 they want blood tests (Derek is freaking at this cos he almost passes out for bloods being taken, he hates needles) chest xrays, ears eyes nose and throat checked... my daughter asked if they checked the prostate they said yes at frst then changed it to no... but they say 'gender check' pmsl... sorry i see some of itas funny but hes going to do his nut if they want him to ''cough'' i mean the poor guy only wants to have 2 weeks in florida with us all and his little girl (mother has even done a letter giving permission for her daughter to be taken out of the country for a holiday with her daddy)

sometimes it feels just a little too much!! thanks everyone for your kind words and support xxx
    Liesa