Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seats booked!!

Must be exciting... I'm not jealous, honestly.

What's 'the bubble'?

Florida Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony G View Post
    Must be exciting... I'm not jealous, honestly.

What's 'the bubble'?
    Upstairs on the 747. Used to always be for Upper Class or PE but they now have about 30 economy seats up there too since the refurb.
    Garry Pullan

Of course it is! That's actually what I immediately thought of, but a voice in my head kept trying to convince me it was a new airline altogether!

...Still not jealous.

We booked flights through Dial a Flight with Virgin and they booked seats for us, just the 2 together, both ways. They phoned Davy today to say that the seats hadn't been confirmed and that now on the way out we will be in the bubble (never heard of this until this thread). Will this be better than the 2 seats on their own or is it going to be cramped, as it will be a row of three and we may now have someone sitting beside us.
    Angie & Davy

Gold 5 Star Member
    Isn't the Economy section on the Upper Deck configured in a 3-3 formation? If I'm right, then there aren't any pairs.

We have traveled in the 'two's' with Virgin but they are at the rear of the aircraft so you are last off when you arrive in Florida. To be truthful I did not like sitting in these seats - it was good that we did not have anyone sitting beside us but we had turbulence on the way back and I think it is always more noticeable at the back then at the front.

I have just booked our seats for our November trip - in the bubble (on the back row no less!!!). Will be interesting to see what it is like. Traveled upstairs once before when it was all PE and I am surprised to see that the bit that is now economy has the same numbers of rows, but 3 seats in a row instead of 2. If we have the same legroom as before I will be very happy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Katys Grandad View Post
    Isn't the Economy section on the Upper Deck configured in a 3-3 formation? If I'm right, then there aren't any pairs.
    Sorry I should have said that the pair of seats we were supposed to get were in economy, but as they didn't get confirmation of these seats being booked they are now putting us in the bubble.
    Angie & Davy

Florida Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by smiler View Post
    We booked flights through Dial a Flight with Virgin and they booked seats for us, just the 2 together, both ways. They phoned Davy today to say that the seats hadn't been confirmed and that now on the way out we will be in the bubble (never heard of this until this thread). Will this be better than the 2 seats on their own or is it going to be cramped, as it will be a row of three and we may now have someone sitting beside us.
    The seats and legroom in the bubble is just the same as downstairs, yes you may have someone next to you as it is a 3+3 upstairs.

I booked the bubble as we have never tried it, and also think it will be quieter on the way home on the night flight.
    Garry Pullan

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    I liked the window seat in the bubble as you had that nice space next to you for stretching you shoulder out.
    Lyn

Gold 5 Star Member
    We had the upstairs economy seats flying back this year and there is storage space next to the window seat so I was able to stretch my legs out (as my son was in front of us). Would like to travel in the upper deck again
    Jan&Steve