Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seats booked!!

Florida Chatterbox

Red face Seats booked!!

Right, it must be getting close now as i have just reserved seats for the return flight!

Looking forward to trying out the bubble (as long as they don't mess with my seat selections)!!!
    Garry Pullan

Florida Chatterbox mary and colin's Avatar
    Nice once the seats are booked, feels as if it is all coming together for a great holiday.

Mary

Florida Expert
    Dont bank on it, our seats were booked on all ours flights the other week and all ours got changed, I checked online before we came back and ours had altered again so changed it, but when we checked it, they had changed again!

Florida Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesley S View Post
    Dont bank on it, our seats were booked on all ours flights the other week and all ours got changed, I checked online before we came back and ours had altered again so changed it, but when we checked it, they had changed again!
    Who was that with?

Last year with Virgin I got the pre-booked seats on the way out. On the way back when printing off my boarding pass online my pre-booked seats had changed, I mentioned this at Downtown Disney check-in and they said that the plane wasn't full and they had to distribute the weight for take off but once in flight we could go to our chosen seats. On boarding the plane our chosen seats were taken, when I mentioned it to a flight attendant they said pre-booked seats are not guaranteed unless paid for.
    Keith

Gold 5 Star Member
    I don't fly Virgin but on those occasions I did my seats were changed on every single flight I booked. It never happens to me on any other airline.

I used to hate that feeling of uncertainty on the way to the airport so no more Virgin for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Katys Grandad View Post
    I don't fly Virgin but on those occasions I did my seats were changed on every single flight I booked. It never happens to me on any other airline.

I used to hate that feeling of uncertainty on the way to the airport so no more Virgin for me.
    At the other end of the scale we have never had our seats changed!! However, we have booked the bubble in November so will be interesting to see if this will be our first experience of seat changing!! Not too bothered as long as I get there safely.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SDJ View Post
    Not too bothered as long as I get there safely.
    We could have done with that attitude on Sunday at JFK.

When I went into the AA lounge before the flight a couple were ranting at the receptionist who was trying to explain that she didn't know why their seats had been taken on the Heathrow flight. It developed into a full blooded row so I made myself scarce. My seat was in the row in front of theirs and when I boarded they were occupied by 2 passengers who were obviously Federal Air Marshals.

I suppose that's fair enough but I could see why they were angry.
    Last edited by Katys Grandad; 15-08-2013 at 17:53.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by syrup View Post
    Last year with Virgin I got the pre-booked seats on the way out. On the way back when printing off my boarding pass online my pre-booked seats had changed, I mentioned this at Downtown Disney check-in and they said that the plane wasn't full and they had to distribute the weight for take off but once in flight we could go to our chosen seats. On boarding the plane our chosen seats were taken, when I mentioned it to a flight attendant they said pre-booked seats are not guaranteed unless paid for.
    This happened to Stuart and Andrew. I had flown out ahead of them and then when they checked in on line found they were moved to the back of the plane. When they got to the airport and queried were told there were only 60 on the flight so they had to move people for take off and landing but they could move once they were in the air. They said it was a great flight and they came round and actually took orders on a note pad of which meal they would like. Me, I am never this lucky and always seem to be on a full flight.

Florida Expert
    We flew this time with United airlines. Last year we flew with Delta and it was the same.

We did manage to get seats changed but only when we got to the gate at Washington, we were flying back to Heathrow. In fact we got premium ecomony seats and had a row each to ourselves, economy was full except our seats!

We were also upgraded on the way out to premium economy but this was because our original flight out of Heathrow was cancelled and we were delayed in the airport for 12 hours.