Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Mannys this weekend

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrena View Post
    An American friend of ours told s that if you get bad service you should just leave 1 cent. Never done it, but we did leave a restaurant in Atlanta, where the service was non existent, without leaving anything.

Andrena
    And you are supposed to have the head facing upwards, I'm told. The reason being, that tells them you haven't forgotten the tip, which if you leave without doing anything they may think. To be honest if it was that bad I wouldn't leave the cent but would comment to whoever appeared to be in charge.
    Babblin Boo

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vickk View Post
    as the one who started this thread I would just say, we went along on the sat without call forward, usual 45 min wait at the bar, best steak I have had for the two weeks over here, super waitress and as usual we completely enjoyed the experience.
    and that is the important thing. You can only speak as you find.
    Babblin Boo

Mannys food is good, no doubt about that. The salad, fries and steaks/ribs are very tasty. If I had to choose a better steak house I would choose Longhorns, but not sure you would find much places who beat Mannys ribs and other dishes.

Florida Chatterbox
    Just had a longhorns outlaw ribeye last night. As good as it was it did not match Mannys steaks

Florida Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by Philomena View Post
    We tried Crispers on our last visit - the one on the 27 between Southern Dunes and Posner Park. It was very good and will definitely be going there again on our next visit. Great for lunch and lots of lovely soups, salads, jacket potatoes etc, all fresh and look as if they are good for you!!!
    Agree with this. The food there is really fresh and tasty.

Very different from most touristy Florida eateries. Not about quantity, all about quality.
    Last edited by Father; 17-09-2013 at 23:58.

Always go to manny's at least on e per visit. Salad is fab and never had a bad steak we were there on Saturday night and didn't ring ahead 80minute wait but food was worth it.

Just back from Manny's tonight - 3rd visit on this trip and have only been here just over a week! Went early about 6.15. We called ahead and had a short additional 15 minutes wait when we arrived. Great food as usual.
    Jim

Gold 5 Star Member
    Our latest guests visited 5 times during a two week visit as they loved it so much. The husband is a master butcher, so maybe that speaks for itself!!
    Christine

Florida Expert
    Loved the steak itself but was dissapointed with the ChopHouse Chips which were just thin frozen chips and also with the Grilled Onions on top of the steak which were just some boiled onions put on top.

The atmosphere was brilliant though and we had quite a long wait.

Florida Chatterbox

Mannys this weekend

never have the chips for that reason, always go for a loaded baked potato