Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mannys this weekend

We went about 1.5 weeks ago, 45 minute wait after ringing ahead.

Table too small for 7 of us so they managed to give us two tables and split us up. Salad came out but we had to ask waiter 5 minutes later for some cutlery to eat it! Food took extra long (Waiter apologized and said they where under pressure getting everyone's meals ready). Waiter also said if we felt his service was good feel free to tip him more than the usual percentage (he said this about 3 times) which I didn't like at all.

That being said, the food was still good. I like the atmosphere at mannys and I do enjoy the food however we would normally tend to go only once per trip.

My favorite restaurant it probably Longhorns and then Chilis

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LFCGeorge View Post
    Table too small for 7 of us so they managed to give us two tables and split us up. Salad came out but we had to ask waiter 5 minutes later for some cutlery to eat it! Food took extra long (Waiter apologized and said they where under pressure getting everyone's meals ready). Waiter also said if we felt his service was good feel free to tip him more than the usual percentage (he said this about 3 times) which I didn't like at all.

That being said, the food was still good. I like the atmosphere at mannys and I do enjoy the food however we would normally tend to go only once per trip.
    I've never been but that review wouldn't have me making sure I get there next time I'm in Orlando.

The waiter's comment about the tip wouldn't have the desired effect on me. In fact I'd be more likely to do the opposite.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Katys Grandad View Post
    I've never been but that review wouldn't have me making sure I get there next time I'm in Orlando.

The waiter's comment about the tip wouldn't have the desired effect on me. In fact I'd be more likely to do the opposite.
    We do go Manny's as it is convenient from Southern Dunes but if a waiter made that type of comment to use then we would also be more likely to tip less - think it is very rude

I've visited Mannys each year, never seen this guy before. Never had this said to us either until now.
    There is no way the manager would like him saying that. The more I think about it, I should have reported him there and then just out of badness

He had a proper real french moustache!

Gold 5 Star Member
    When my family visited a couple of years ago the waiter who served them was so good anf funny that my nephew who was 14/15 at the time tipped him $10 out of his own spending money. An event which had never happened before and never since.
    I've also heard of people who on arrival and told the wait time were told for $20 they could get a table quicker. Although we like Manny's no way will I play that game, I know if it is that busy there is going to be pressure to eat/finish faster and I hate that when I am eating out.
    Babblin Boo

Quote Originally Posted by LFCGeorge View Post

He had a proper real french moustache!
    Ah, we know the guy you mean, spotted him last time we were there. It's an awesome 'tache! It's probably not surprising that someone who sports such a luxuriant attention seeking device feels he deserves more than the average. Certainly when I get hints dropped about tips the culprit is likely to receive a lot less than he otherwise would. The 'tache wouldn't help.
    Tonish

An American friend of ours told s that if you get bad service you should just leave 1 cent. Never done it, but we did leave a restaurant in Atlanta, where the service was non existent, without leaving anything.

Andrena

Florida Chatterbox DisneyFunVilla's Avatar
    For what it's worth, being American, I have never heard of that "leave 1 cent" thing; until now.
    Mike

Florida Chatterbox

Mannys this weekend

as the one who started this thread I would just say, we went along on the sat without call forward, usual 45 min wait at the bar, best steak I have had for the two weeks over here, super waitress and as usual we completely enjoyed the experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonish View Post
    Ah, we know the guy you mean, spotted him last time we were there. It's an awesome 'tache! It's probably not surprising that someone who sports such a luxuriant attention seeking device feels he deserves more than the average.
    Hahaha @ luxuriant attention seeking device!!!

I'm glad you know who I am talking about though