Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Infant car seat hire

Manchester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    I'm trying to find a practical way round this so bear with me--there is a Walmart Supercenter 4 miles from the airport--is it an option for one of your party to get the car-go and buy a car seat and then return-it is a bit of a kerfuffle but something to think about

Quote Originally Posted by Albert the Frog View Post
    I'm trying to find a practical way round this so bear with me--there is a Walmart Supercenter 4 miles from the airport--is it an option for one of your party to get the car-go and buy a car seat and then return-it is a bit of a kerfuffle but something to think about
    Just what I was thinking, one person dash off with the luggage in the car to get the car seat, the rest of the family stay and grab a bite to eat in the airport. I'd imagine it would take around 45mins. Make sure both groups have phones, then the driver can give the others a missed call as he/she approaches the airport.

Just had a quick look at relative prices of car seats vs. strollers @ WalMart. Cheapest car seat (on-line to fit a 14 month old $49.98 !!
    Strollers anything from $20 upwards.....
    As (presumably) either stroller or car seat will be left in Florida, why not take car seat (which will be used immediately) & buy a stroller there at leisure maybe a day later ???
    Seems to my feeble mind to save both time & money....
    Buying a car seat there also pre-supposes that WalMart have anything suitable in stock at the time

Thank you all ,u have been most helpful ....

Florida Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert the Frog View Post
    I'm surprised they want you to pay to take the car seat
    How old is your little one can i ask?
    Thomsons also want my sister in law to pay to take her car seat.
    They say she can take a stroller or a car seat for free but not both.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ujpest doza View Post
    That seems like someone trying to make an extra buck out of a family. It is pretty obvious if a child needs a buggy in Florida they are also likely to need a car seat. Guess they are very willing to rent either buggy or car seat at an exorbitant rate

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    Quote Originally Posted by ujpest doza View Post
    We flew Thomson last August with our then 5 month old Grandson we only took his car seat, but we bought back his car seat and a stroller. It was never suggested that we would need to pay for one of them.
    Lyn

Florida Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyn View Post
    We flew Thomson last August with our then 5 month old Grandson we only took his car seat, but we bought back his car seat and a stroller. It was never suggested that we would need to pay for one of them.
    Yip, that's what i said to her as we had taken a buggy and a car seat 3 or 4 times in the past when our 2 were younger without a problem.
    She queried it again and they said the rules have changed and they can only take one or the other for free.
    As we're travelling with her on the same flight but on a seperate booking the girl in the Thomsons shop suggested that to get around it she takes the car seat and we take the buggy.

Will they allow you to take a buggy when you don't have a child on you booking ? Couldn't you take one less case than allowed between you all and substitute the buggy for that case. That is what my son and D.I.L do when they travel with two under threes.

Sue
    Gerry and Sue

Florida Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Reed View Post
    Will they allow you to take a buggy when you don't have a child on you booking ? Couldn't you take one less case than allowed between you all and substitute the buggy for that case. That is what my son and D.I.L do when they travel with two under threes.

Sue
    We could argue that our 6 year old needs a car seat i suppose, never thought about that aspect to be honest.