Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Infant car seat hire

Infant car seat hire

Hi guys , We are traveling in Sept with US Airways Gla/Phl/Mco and we are taking my infants stroller with us ... US airways want us pay for our car seat if we take with us , So my question is has anyone hired a infant seat from the car renters and what conditioned are they in? Also could I take one for a day and return it to the nearest rental company ( whoever they may be ) and the I could buy one ..... Any thoughts gals / guys Lynda

Manchester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    I'm surprised they want you to pay to take the car seat
    How old is your little one can i ask?

She will be 14 months

i'd go back to them and tell them to get a grip
    according to their baggage policy you are allowed a "Infant assistive device (stroller or car seat)"

We provide strollers and a car seat but not sure how the guests actually get to the villa without one unless as you suggest, they hire one for the day.

Yeh but they will only let you take one free of charge Rotters lol

Right you are taking both-gotcha-a stroller will cost you about $30-40 from walmart a car seat for a child that age more than that so the question is could you manage without a stroller until you got there?
    personally i am reluctant to hire car safety devices because i don't know their history.......hmm tricky one!
    any ideas anybody else?

Yeh at least if I buy one I know exactly what I 'm getting

Still contemplating on the standard or full size suv

When we travelled with Virgin last Sep. we went with my son, his wife and their two children - 2 1/2 and 3 months. They used the two adults' baggage allowance for cases (2) and the 2 1/2 year old's allowance for the two push chairs. That then meant they could also take the two car seats free. It was quite a sight when we met them at check in - two adults pushing a trolley piled high with with two cases, 4 large hand luggage bags (sports bag type, with baby food, bottles of sterilised water, nappies and several changes of clothes for children and adults - baby tends to be sick, etc) and two large car seats, and also trying to push two pushchairs (they don't have a twin buggy). Not sue how they would have managed without us ! Grand parents have their uses - we had to put the buggies in our car at Orlando as theirs was packed full.
    Virgin were happy to take the two buggies in lieu of a case but they had phoned first to check so that at check in they could say that they had checked in case the staff said no.
    Sue
    Last edited by Gerry Reed; 21-07-2013 at 07:47.
    Gerry and Sue