Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Its been a while..... 3rd time to Florida & ready to book, EXCITED :)))

Florida Savvy
    Have fun with your plans! I am on planning trip number 6- the first was a one off holiday of a lifetime!!

Welcome back Ali and have fun planning your next Florida trip.
    Linda

A few changes since you last visited:

You probably have seen the Wizarding World of Harry Potter on your last trip, if not, it's definitely worth the trip. It's being extended into the Universal Studios park, so that might be something to see on your next trip

While you're there, don't forget to give the newly refurbished Spiderman ride a go (new 4k projectors make it look fantastic).

If you like that, Universal Studios has the newly-opened Transformers - The Ride 3D.

Also, the Simpsons area at that park has been expanded to include some theming outside of the ride itself. Jimmy Neitron's Nicktoon Blast is now the Despicable Me ride.

Over at Disney, the big news is New Fantasyland, along with the new Be Our Guest restaurant, both at the Magic Kingdom park.

Star Tours has also been revamped at Disney's Hollywood Studios - it's now a much better quality projection, it's 3D and it's also randomised, with i think 52 different possible ride sequences.

Finally, at Kennedy Space Centre, the up-close tour now includes the VAB, or Vehicle Assembly Building, and there's a new Atlantis exhibit where you can see Space Shuttle Atlantis up close and personal.

There's probably loads more that I've forgotten but that should get you started with your plans. I know you'll have a wonderful trip!

Florida Chatterbox
    Wow what a welcome back thanks all

We saw the Harry Potter world last time we were there 4 times, this is on our list again & Despicable me wasn't open so that will be a good one to do, we loved the Boggy Creek airboat ride & that is a must again this time!!! & hubby wants to do Kennedy Space Centre we missed out last time.
    sooo much to plan & I find this part of it just as exciting as the trip itself.

Has anyone been there while the 'ZUMBA' convention is on at the Peabody's hotel is it as busy re the parks etc or getting around ??

Flight prices for Mid August at the minute are quite dear with Virgin & Monarch £4000 for 4 adults but Thomas cook are £2,800 for us all, anyone flown with them before?
    thanks Ali

Florida Chatterbox
    Oh just a quick one, I have been shopping around for car hire this web site is 'still' the cheapest

Ooh, I forgot to mention, Test Track over at Epcot has has a facelift - same ride, slightly different theme (should be called Tron Track).

I was reading a few stories about airlines yesterdays and stumbled on a bit of info about Thompson - apparently they have more legroom than other airlines, when they're using certain aircraft. A certain famous website that calls itself the guru of seats on planes would tell you more. I'm not sure I'm allowed to link to it on here.

I travelled without booking my car on here once... regretted it!

Quote Originally Posted by ali-uk View Post
    Flight prices for Mid August at the minute are quite dear with Virgin & Monarch £4000 for 4 adults but Thomas cook are £2,800 for us all, anyone flown with them before?
    thanks Ali
    If you've found flights in the school holidays at £700, just grab them. It can't be twelve hundred quid worse than anyone else; as long as you're not strapped to the wings!
    Dave.

Florida Chatterbox
    Booked the flights to good to miss at that price

Well done - you are half way there!!