Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just back from Orlando

I notice that you said you travelled from Manchester to Edinburgh, do you live in Edinburgh, we do.

Andrena

Ha ha! Yes, that was the pool heater next to the house I was looking at! The exploded pool heater was reason number 58 or therabouts not to buy the villa - it wasn't fitted to the villa I was going to buy, but it would have been the same model and fitted at the same time by the same people.

Yes, the homes were very reasonably priced - the one next to you (8803) sold while I was there - you may have seen the contractor's red pickup truck outside as the new owners begun some remodelling work.

If you're still interested, there's a video on Youtube of 8802 Crayson, which was the house I was looking at. If you're interested further, I'd be happy to send you the inspection report if you drop me a message with your email address.

Nope Andrena ....we live in polmont , so we had to get a train from haymarket for the last part of our train journey .....by that time we were struggling and the kids slept for 17 hours when we eventually got home (we slept for 12 hours ourselves ...totally shattered after that very tiring journey .
    YES Tony ...I noticed the contractors red truck outside for a few days and wondered what was going on.I will look up the villa on you-tube ...thanks .(and i will post you my e-mail..thanks)

Florida Expert
    Kirkintilloch, Scotland and Indian Creek, Kissimmee
    Glad that you had a wonderful holiday! We used to do flights from Manchester, but the drive back to Glasgow just completely put us off, and the thought of a train or bus with all the luggage we seem to amass every visit - it wasn't an option! So now, if possible we fly Glasgow to Dublin , clear immigration there and then straight to Orlando! Saves an awful lot of hassle! I'm sure you'll return to Florida - it does get to you!!
    Jean

yes Jeansusrentals.....i wish i had started going many years ago to florida ......the trip this year was a one off, with most of the family going for a special occasion (our ruby wedding ) ...i have no doubt my family will be back year after year but due to my failing health i cannot see me being back (although i would love nothing better) .....the trip was not to bad going as we got the train to manchester ....that was another story as we let two edinburgh trains go past us at our local station(falkirk) as we were booked onto the 2.55 pm ....five minutes before it was due to arrive we were told it was cancelled ...which meant we missed our edinburgh link to manchester you can imagine how we felt (GREAT START WE THOUGHT), especially when we saw the manchester train in the station but were not allowed to board it......a guard helped us out by putting a timetable in place where we could get trains to various stations which would eventually take us into manchester .....we were booked into the 'premier inn' for a night so we had a good sleep and a good breakfast before we headed for the plane to fly to orlando .....On the way back we did it in a oner ,which was a killer.
    If we ever go again then i will be flying from edinburgh or glasgow first .....its not easy going on the train with all that luggage and nowhere to put it .The transpennine 'express' ( stopped at every station) 12 stations between manchester airport and edinburgh ...we thought we were never going to get there (it was more like a jaunting car than an express). Nope ....i would never go again by train to manchester for certain.
    It holiday was cheap enough , the family members that did go (nine of us ) paid just £980 each , that was for the flights,(virgin atlantic) two cars plus insurance for three weeks(nissan amira's from SixT), and the beautiful villa for three weeks....the train and hotel in manchester was extra but we thought it was the best option....
    I would certainly do what you do jeansus.... and would advise anyone who was thinking of getting the train to manchester airport from scotland ....please think twice before you do it ....its a fair trail expecially after an eight hour flight.It was a holiday to remember...probably my last .....but the whole reason we went was to allow me and my wife to do something we always wanted to do and that was go to america on independence day ...... thats another story ....we were told by the staff if we were going to magic kingdom for independence day we would need to be there by 2.30 pm or we would not get in ......we were there at 11.30 and we queued for miles up to the toll booths only to be turned away as the place was full .... we organised a bbq at the villa and went to walmart to stock up on steaks ect......and we had a great time by the pool....next day we went to magic kingdom and they let us park for nothing due to the mix up the day before .....can't complain i suppose .....all in all a great holiday ...but we have learned lessons .

Florida Expert
    Kirkintilloch, Scotland and Indian Creek, Kissimmee
    I hope you keep well enough to have many more holidays in Florida! It keeps you young - we are just about to celebrate our 43rd wedding anniversary while we are there in September!
    Jean

thanks Jeanusrentals... and congratulations on your upcoming anniversary .....i,m sure ye will have a grand time .....and here was me thinking we were about the oldest on the plane hahahahahaha.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jeansusrentals View Post
    I hope you keep well enough to have many more holidays in Florida! It keeps you young - we are just about to celebrate our 43rd wedding anniversary while we are there in September!
    Jean
    Congratulations on your upcoming 43rd anniversary. Hope you have a lovely day and many more to follow.