Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best time to visit?

Florida Newbie

Best time to visit?

I'm just beginning to gather info for a planned trip in 2015. We're planning to rent a villa for the whole family, but the logistics are a nightmare. First decision is when to go. We're limited to some extent by school/work commitments but are looking at maybe Feb or October. Which is best for climate, price and crowds? And is it too soon to start making enquiries now?

Grateful for any advice please.

Hi Sherman, Welcome to the forum
    You'll undoubtedly get differing opinions but IMHO:
    Climate - October better than February. More settled & warmer though both fairly rain-free (usually)...
    Price & crowds - February better for both, flights October 1/2 term can get spiteful price-wise !!!
    Certainly, if you want the best choice of villas, enquire whenever BUT flights will be a major expense & prices (usually) won't be released until 350 days before your proposed visit...
    If you like a villa & want to reserve it, you will have to arrange with its owner a certain amount of flexibility as regards dates...

Hi

We always go in October, the parks are not as busy, in fact when we went last October some of the parks were very quiet. The weather is lovely and not as hot as August/September, October is a problem because of school but because we don't go every year (I wish) we have taken the children out of school and college in the past and they have taken work with them and it hasn't been a problem with the schools.

I also don't think it matters when you go with regard to the airlines, they are going to charge you an absolute fortune no matter what time of the year you go !!

We have never been at any other time of the year so cannot comment on that but I am sure that whenever you go you will have an amazing time.[msnsmile2]
    Last edited by kitch50; 17-07-2013 at 16:50.
    Wendy

Florida Newbie
    Thanks. February would be favourite, hopefully to coincide with the half term week, and a couple of birthdays. I've been in July (never again) and November which was fine. Presumably, by our standards, weather in late Feb is OK? How do villa rental prices compare?

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    We always go the middle of October and the weather is usually really nice, not too hot and humid but very warm and not usually too busy. We also go in February and again the weather is usually very nice, cooler than October especially in the evening. The flights will be more expensive if you are going during half term. I would make the decision as to when you want to go and start looking for the villa now, you will get a much better choice the earlier you do it.
    Lyn

We prefer October to February. Longer daylight and usually much better weather. You can experience quite cool weather in February. Have fun planning. Choosing a villa early is wise and most owners will be flexible with you for dates either side of what you require as we know you can't book the flights yet. We already have bookings for 2015.

Florida Newbie
    Thanks for all the advice. We were actually due to go in November 2011 and had villa and flights booked and then my daughter became pregnant with her third child and we had to cancel. Lost money on flights and villa deposit so am a bit wary of booking too soon! However, villa owners offered to offset deposit if we booked in future so that is first option. We have now though gained a grandchild and a daughter in law since then so may need a bigger villa! Dont like to think what we may need by 2015! But Looking forward now to starting research in earnest.

We go most years in February and October, this February the weather was beautiful but the parks and restaurants seemed very busy with lots of snowbirds, especially the restaurants. October I enjoy but again if you are touching round the half term time then the parks can be a little busy but not too bad, think last October the longest wait we had in a park was for Harry Potter and that was approx 30-45 mins so not too bad. Which ever time you choose to go I know you will have a fabulous time

Val

I would certainly book a villa through this site as we were not sure what to expect on our arrival .....sure it turned out fine and the villa in lindfields reserve was very nice indeed , it had on suite in every room and tv's in every room.... although we never watched much tv to be honest .good luck on your search for a villa ...i,m sure the site owners will keep you right .

Gold 5 Star Member
    I'm not a Parks expert but as far as weather is concerned, October is better by a long way.