Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: I94W not collected

I94W not collected

Mrs T travels on a B2 Visa. We were just sorting the details for our trip next month and discovered the I94W still in her passport. The 6 months cut off from her last trip is up in a few days.

Has anyone any experience of what happens when you come to immigration with the I94 from your previous trip still in the passport? We could try sending it off to the address shown on the website (Kentucky), but given that we are travelling in four weeks, I doubt its return will be registered in time for our next trip through immigration.
    Tonish

Gold 5 Star Member
    I don't know if it's any different when travelling on a B2 visa (or what that is to be honest!) but the same thing happened to me on a few occasions in the days when everybody had to fill the green form in. While the rules are clear that you should return it, I never had any problem re-entering and I'm sure it's a pretty regular occurrence. I recognise that isn't any guarantee you won't encounter difficulties though.

This might be useful but I don't know how up to date it is.

http://london.usembassy.gov/dhs/cbp/i94.html

Thanks Phil. B2 is just a regular tourist visa for someone who can't travel on an ESTA. The immigration bit of the trip is stressful enough without adding more hassle. The PHL ones have been quite friendly compared to others we have encountered. We're going via DC this time, which we have no experience of.
    Tonish

We had that happen a few times. My son in his wheelchair always used to cause comfusion at JFK and the I94s were not taken. I simply left them in the passport. Next trip they did pull us out for questioning but it was not a major problem. That was pre 9/11 though.
    if i was in the same position now. I would photocopy them and send them of by RM special delivery. Take the reciept, copies and the link for the delivery signature. Also take a copy of your bank statements which should prove that you were not in the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonish View Post
    Mrs T travels on a B2 Visa. We were just sorting the details for our trip next month and discovered the I94W still in her passport. The 6 months cut off from her last trip is up in a few days.

Has anyone any experience of what happens when you come to immigration with the I94 from your previous trip still in the passport? We could try sending it off to the address shown on the website (Kentucky), but given that we are travelling in four weeks, I doubt its return will be registered in time for our next trip through immigration.

We had problems when our 194W were not collected. We have B1/B2 and went to Vancouver..okay..that is Canada...but only on one half of the airport..the other half is USA!!!! We had not realised the forms had not been collected and the IO gave us an extremely hard time when we went into the USA side of the airport and said he could stop us entering and all the usual garb. However, he damn well knew we had not been in the USA for all that time as we had just spent 10 days in Vancouver and then wanted to fly down to Florida. We made sure we never had them left in the passports after that but have often had to remind the desk people to take it out. Makes you wonder what they actually do with them. If by some way it happened again and we noticed they had been left in, I would take them out, rip them up, and literally tell them you don't know what they are talking about if challenged. I doubt if you would be challenged if you remove them. Let us know what you decide to do and how you get on please???

It happened to s once, we have B1/B2 visas (not because we can't get an ESTA but because we sometimes want to stay more than 3 months) we just handed them over and as it was obvious that we had just arrived from the UK we had no problem.

Andrena

Gold 5 Star Member
    I think I saw recently that I94s aren't issued anymore (same as for ESTA) it is all done electronically) as I seem to remember someone saying there are no more forms to fill in, so it may not be an issue anymore. I'm sure it will have been recorded when your passport was swiped when you exited the country.
    As said you can copy them and send them off recorded so it can be seen you have tried to do the correct thing when you realised the error.
    Babblin Boo

Thanks for the opinions everyone. We have sent it off, along with some proofs of activity/residence outside USA since the departure, so we will see what happens when we turn up at immigration. Mrs T is really rather shy and nervous when faced with officialdom (very unlike me) and she can get rather upset when faced with challenges from "the man" so I would rather we can show we have done everything correctly and above board. My only real concern is they won't have updated their records by the time we travel on 15 August.
    Tonish

Just to clear something up, we also have B1/B2 Visa's because we stay longer than 3 months, and definitely not because we cannot travel on an Esta!!!

Florida Expert
    Kirkintilloch, Scotland and Indian Creek, Kissimmee
    We also have B1/B2 Visas and the part was left in my passport last November - we were going back in January - so when we went to Immigration at Dublin, I handed it to the IO who just thanked me saying that it happens quite often!
    Jean