Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Florida 2014

Cool Florida 2014

Finally we have booked flights for March 2014. After a lot of research we decided to opt again for Virgin, Manchester - London - Miami, return from Orlando - Manchester.

We plan on 3 nights in Miami, collect a hire car, drive up to the gulf coast for a week, then drive over to Orlando and spend a final week in Pamela and George's beautiful villa before flying home.

My question to my fellow forum Members is where to stay in Miami. We didn't want to pick up the hire car immediately and wanted to have a few days exploring and looking around. What is the best area to stay that won't be too full of party people? The music festival and Spring break is the week after we leave so I hope it won't be too noisy.

Appreciate your replies,

Diane.

KG - are you in Florida end of March 2014, would be good to catch up if you are.
    Diane.

Florida Chatterbox
    We have a couple of nights booked in at the Savoy on South Beach in August this year. Not stayed there before so can't personally recommend it yet, but it has been recommended by friends and it does get a good review on trip adviser.

Hi
    Have a look at (link deleted) We stayed there a couple of years ago. A great position, and no need for a car. Buses run along the full length of the 'beach area' and as most cities taxis are easy to get.

Sue
    Last edited by Jill; 27-06-2013 at 12:29. Reason: link also links to bank loans
    Gerry and Sue

Gold 5 Star Member
    Hi Diane

You have a PM!

Gold 5 Star Member
    I'd say anywhere on Collins Ave on Miami Beach. There's a good bus service that runs up and down Collins Ave to get you to and from downtown Miami Beach.
    Steve

Florida Chatterbox

Florida 2014

We spent a couple of days in Miami this year and stayed at a great little place on Collins Avenue called Villa Paradiso, it's brilliantly situated.

Gold 5 Star Member
    We stayed at the Sheraton Bal Harbour. Great hotel
    Jan&Steve

Thanks for all the suggestions, I doing research as we speak.
    Diane.

Try the Surfcomber on south beach. We have stayed in a few hotels in Miami and really liked this one. It's a few years since we were there, but just checked Trip Advisor and it still gets very good reviews.
    Tonish

Hi Tonish,

I pick this up from a previous post by you and have been trying to get prices. Unfortunately there are none on the web site yet, and haven't responded to my emails. When I get chance I'll try phoning them, really like the look of the place, so thanks for the recommendation.

Diane.
    Diane.