Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mission Space

Florida Chatterbox

Mission Space

Hi, we having started talking about which rides we all want to go on when we go to Orlando (next) August. I'm a real wimp when it comes to "rides", my children are trying to convince me to go in the orange team on Mission Space. I've been on the green team before and quite enjoyed it, I'm really not sure if I'm up for it. What do other people think about this?
    Margaret

Florida Chatterbox
    If you are susceptible to motion sickness then be careful. My wife felt ill for a couple of hours after I told her it was mild and she'd be okay. I felt guilty afterwards, well at least for a bit and I'm not sure if she has forgiven me yet.

I loved it and have been on since with my daughter but needless to say my wife will not go on it again.

UMMM, Ditto...
    Convinced Sue that it was a great ride (Well I think so !!)...
    She had blurred vision for about 1/2 an hour & needed strong frozen cappuchino to recover
    Still hasn't forgiven me tho.....

Florida Junior
    Jayne (the wife) went on it once and got a bit motion sick (she does get a bit seasick sometimes when on a boat). My son and I love it and always pay a visit when at Epcot. I thought it was a better experience than the Kennedy Space Centre one. It's a fantastic feeling when you take off.
    Terry

I love Mission Space!

Yes, you do feel the G-Force at the launch, but otherwise it's not too bad. When I rode it a number of times consecutively, my legs were a little wobbly as I walked away, but nothing that lasted more than half a minute or so.

I can't hande roller coasters at all, heights make me swoon dangerously. But Mission Space is a pussycat and I enjoy it. Curiously my son, who can handle the most terrifying of roller coasters, can't do Mission Space at all, it makes him ill.
    Tonish

They have calmed it down somewhat to when it was first opened. It is not a rough ride but the gforce was quite severe and many were complaining of headaches. They calmed it down and also offer a cabin that is tame. The ride is based on nasa gforce simulators, the ones you see training astronauts passing out on. Obvioulsy a much tamer version and because you are enclosed, uou feel yhe gforce and not the rotation. Clever ride, my 78 year old mother in kaw did it. Aftwerwards she fish and chips and I hurled. I do that on any that spins, even dumbo

Romford, UK & Highgate Park, Davenport, Florida
    I went on the green one a few years back and wasn't too bad and then my boys talked me into going on the orange one and it ruined my whole day, I felt so ill.

Saying that, I'm going back about 5 years so if they've calmed it down it may be better now (but personally, I wouldn't go on it again)

Sandra
    Sandra

Florida Chatterbox DisneyFunVilla's Avatar
    This was the first and only ride I've ever seen that offered vomit bags. I rode it when it first opened and was fine. My wife and older son, however, were shaky for a bit. The number of people sitting on the benches just outside with their heads in the hands was quite unsettling.
    Mike

Florida Chatterbox
    Thanks for all your replies. I don't think I'll brave it, I'll just go on the tame one. I can remember how sick I felt after going on the HP ride lol
    Margaret