Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Part Four. Davenport

Florida Junior

Cool Part Four. Davenport

Day six

Up early this morning, we have decided to pay a visit to Universal Studios. Arrived at about 9.15am with my $15 in hand to pay for parking only to discover that the price has gone up to $16.
    It wasn’t as busy as I had expected it to be, but there were a few people already in there. We had purchased some tickets on line at home that would last for 14 days from the first day of use. We went straight to the Rip Ride Rocket and there was no queue at all. I took my seat and selected the song I wanted to be played (each seat has a control panel which enables the rider to select a song from various genre). The record I always choose is Gloria Gainer’s ‘I will survive’, funny that. It brings a smile to my face when the first line is sung and I’m facing the sky going up in a vertical direction before the, yes you’ve guessed it, a vertical drop which eases you into the other twits and turns.. ‘First I was afraid I was petrified’ Oh how true a word said!
    It seemed a lot faster than last time.
    We walked over to have a look at the new ride ‘Transformers’ and I was really pleased to see that they were allowing the public sneaky rides to test it out. All I will say is that it is very much like an updated version of Spiderman. I noticed lots of lads filming and so I’m guessing it’s on You Tube already if you wanted to see it.
    Next was the old favourite ‘The Mummy’ still a good ride. As we never had any breakfast we popped into Starbucks and had a coffee and a cake. Then another trip on the Mummy, whilst we waited for the Blues Brothers show to start. We then walked past the vast building works, which were once Jaws, the main frame of whatever they are building (Waterloo Station I believe) is up and I don’t think it will be too long before it is all finished (It’s another Harry Potter ride).
    A trip on the Simpson’s ride next, still love the smell of the talcum powder when Lisa grabs hold of your car (those who have ridden this ride will know exactly what I mean). There is a lot of building work going on here as well. Already there are lots of sideshow stalls with the usual games and I was surprised to find Moe’s bar up and running. Inside is a big chicken restaurant with a variety of great looking food. One thing the kids will like is a drink you can buy at the bar. It is served smoking/steaming and must contain dry ice. The children I saw were enjoying the experience. From the Simpson’s ride, along the lake down to the animal actors stadium, is more building works and I’m told that these will be of the Simpson’s theme.
    The park is a bit busy now and so we decide to make our way out via ‘Terminator’. I know that it is a bit old now but I love it. We were just getting started (when Arnie comes in on the bike) to be told that the film had broken and we had to leave the auditorium. What a disappointment!

We made our way over to Island of Adventure and decided to pop into Jimmy Buffet’s Margaretville for some refreshment and a small snack to keep us going (we intended to return for a proper meal later in the day). We had a look at the menu and choose a starter, a bowl of nachos between us. Flipping heck, when the waitress brought it out I nearly fell off my seat. It was big enough to share with the whole bar let alone the two of us. An American lady on the next table asked if she could take a photograph of it as it was so big
    I would say, we managed to eat less than half of it, so if you venture in there, beware what you order, they are big portions. We went into Islands of Adventure just as the heavens opened up. Due to thunderstorms, the rides were shut down. If you have been out here in a thunderstorm you will understand why. The storms are incredible to watch with the massive lightning strikes. We queued up at the Hulk ride for a short time but decided to give it a miss. Good job too, as we walked right around the park and it still hadn’t opened as we left (about an hour later). I do feel sorry for the people who are making their first visit and can’t get on the rides.

We then drove back to the Condo. and went down to the pool for a nice cooling off period. Although there had been thunderstorms it was still very hot in the 90’s. I spoke to a man from Porto Rico in the pool who was visiting with his 9 grandchildren. He told me that they had been to Aquatica, but because of the storm it had been closed down (lightening and water do not mix). It must have cost him a fortune, yet here they all were having a great time in the pool.

After a couple of hours floating in the pool, we make our way up for a shower. Neither of us the slightest bit hungry (at the moment).
    Another couple of hours have passed and we decide a trip to the local Publix supermarket is needed to pick up some chicken tenders (white boneless chicken pieces in breadcrumbs, that are hot from the deli) to have with a salad. A nice light meal.
    We will stay in this evening and watch a movie. A busy day tomorrow, up to Daytona Beach and a night in St Augustine.
    The next part of my report may be in a day or two, as it depends on how busy I am and whether there is access to wifi.

Terry

Florida Chatterbox DisneyPrincess's Avatar

Part Four. Davenport

Another great report! Enjoy Daytona and St. Augustine

Gold 5 Star Member
    Anytime you go anywhere and rides or pool et.c get shut down by weather or even if it is raining to much, always call in at Guest services and see if they will give you a rain check (especially if you only have a 1 day ticket) as they often will so you can go back and enjoy it properly.
    Loving the reports, it is really getting me in the mood for going back at Christmas and we are going to the parks this time for the first time in a year or two so looking forward to all the changes.
    Babblin Boo

Thanks Terry... glad your enjoying yourselves! cant wait until we come over in 105 days xx keep it coming please
    Liesa

Shame about terminator, love that show. Still not been into Margaretville will have to give it a go. Hope you can pick up wifi so that we can join you in Daytona or St Augustine.
    Jan

Super Moderator
    Interesting report - still waiting to visit Universal as have only been once and want to go back for Harry Potter. Hope you enjoy Daytona and St Augustine both lovely places.

Great report once again. Can't wait for the St. Augustine report.....love it!! Enjoy your overnight stay - hopefully in one of the delightful B&B's!!!

Really enjoying your trip reports, I am there with you and can't wait for the next one, I hope you have gone for 6 weeks[]

Liz

Florida Junior

Part Four. Davenport

Managed to get on line whilst sitting having a nice cup of tea. Must be in the 90's easily. Nice place St. Augustine. We are sat in a little Spanish courtyard with a refreshing fountain opposite the graveyard near Cordova Street.

Florida Junior

Part Four. Davenport

There is a small cafe called 'STOGIES' offering a beer & cigar special for $4.99! A few men have taken them up on the offer. Looking around and taking in the smell of the place I could be anywhere in Spain. Except the Eagles are being played over the speaker system 'Lying eyes'. I love the Eagles.