Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any bargains in the shops?

Any bargains in the shops?

Hi, just wondered if anyone who has visited Florida in the last six months would care to share their "bargain buys"?
    We go over in a few weeks so trying to find out just what is good value - i.e. cheaper than Europe and worth bringing home[]

Gold 5 Star Member
    The bargains of this trip have come from Macy's. A Ralph Lauren chambray shirt for hubby reduced from 90 dollars to 20, then the assistant swiped a 20 percent voucher when we asked about the 10 percent visitor discount, so shirt came to 17 dollars and 12 cents after tax. Also perfume - bought a paco rabanne lady million gift set (perfume, handbag size perfume, and body lotion) for 67 dollars plus tax and a Million aftershave gift set (3 items) for 80 dollars. It's easy to check on the Macy's website what's available and then buy in store.
    Lesley

I bought 3 pairs of DKNY jeans last weekend in Macys, should be $70 each, down to $50 then 20% off, so just $40 a pair, shoes are my weakness and I bought black Nine West wedges from the Nine West shop at the Florida Mall, down to just $60, but they are £90 here, also lots of bedding sets in Macys down from $500 to $150 for king and queen sizes.

Also had to buy Mac lipsticks, just $15 each at Florida Mall, (cheaper in Macys with the 20% discount) £18 each here.
    Karen

Went up to Altamonte Springs and got t-shirts in Hollister for $12 each, hoodies for $20, my husband got some Calvin Klein tailored shirts which were $90 down to $14, my eldest daughter got some Vans shoes for $30 and my youngest found 2 pairs of Converse she liked for $25 each. We got lots of stuff includng winter coats in JC Penney, all I know is we had to sit on the suitcases to do them up we bought so much. I don't recall ever getting so many good quality bargins when we have been over before, unless we just weren't looking in the right places. I think it helped this time that our children are all in their teens and early 20's and went looking for specific items of clothing and shoes whereas when they were younger it was more Disney over Hollister, Calvin Klein etc. Altamonte Springs is a fantastic mall, we got the majority of our bargins there, I would definitely recommend a trip up there if you get the chance.
    Wendy

Wendy, can you remember the directions to get to Altamonte Springs...please?

Carol,

Haven't been over since march, but I got some great bargains in International Plaza in Tampa behind the airport. Apparently because its not in a tourist area the Abercrombie and Hollister shops have bigger discounts. I got our 16yr old a sweatshirt, two shirts, jeans and two tee shirts for $118

Judy

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    Altamonte Springs is East on the I4 Junction 92 then right onto East Altamonte Drive it is along there on the left.
    Last edited by Lyn; 16-06-2013 at 08:27.
    Lyn

Thanks for all the replies so far - and the great ideas....just doing a little "planning" for our trip in a few weeks. Keep them coming

Not clothes shopping, but if you are down at the Mall of the Millennia the Blue Martini have happy hour, everything half price including food from 4pm-8pm...we thought that was a great bargain when over in May
    Val

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Val View Post
    Not clothes shopping, but if you are down at the Mall of the Millennia the Blue Martini have happy hour, everything half price including food from 4pm-8pm...we thought that was a great bargain when over in May
    Val
    Wished I had known this one