Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: quiet periods if they exist !!

Florida Chatterbox

quiet periods if they exist !!

Can I ask all you Florida experts, in the period beg of April to end of Nov, which is the most quiet ? We have a choice of time and went one year think end of may and were met with huge school parties everywhere !!
    Thanks for your help, no Florida holiday should be planned before a visit to this site

Hampton Lakes/Highlands Reserve, USA.. Cardiff, South Wales, UK.
    May is a pretty quiet time, except the very end of May as Florida Schools break up for the summer end of May. and the UK has the half term end of May. June is not bad, although you are more likely to experience wet afternoons for approx and hour or so with the summer thunderstorms.

We do prefer May and also October. As the days are still relatively warm in October and only drop slightly in the evening, compared to the most of winter. Again you will have the half term break from the UK end of October and Halloween, but I think the trade off of the festivities of Halloween are pretty good. You may find September is pretty good toward the tend of the month as well. As the majority of schools are back. both US and UK, but with Orlando being the capital of Theme parks, you are always going to find children of some sort round and abouts whatever the time of year.
    CERI

Because of birthday and anniversary dates we tend to go in either April or towards the end of November to celebrate. Of the two I think November is slightly quieter and I think also slightly cheaper. Easter has to be taken into account if it falls in April. Also I think the weather is perfect either of those two months, not too hot or humid.
    Keith

We usually find September quite and the weather is still good - apart from the slight risk of a hurricane of course but that applies from June to November.

Sue
    Gerry and Sue

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    We always go mid October to Mid December and find the weather is great. It tends to also be less busy in November, around the middle of November the Christmas celebrations start in the parks and these are well worth a visit.
    Lyn

Romford, UK & Highgate Park, Davenport, Florida
    I was going to say mid Sept to early October (depending on when half term falls in the UK.

Early may as well. Weather is hotter mid Sept but May is usually still a nice temp

Sandra
    Sandra

Hi Donny,
    We love May to early June . The weather is great, hot but less humidity.Definately less crowded
    Also September is a good time to visit the weather is great and the summer school holidays are over therefore orlando is quieter.
    Enjoy planning your holiday
    Barbara

Florida Expert
    I would definitely go in november; much quieter and all the fun of the Christmas run up. We are unable to go in novemember at the moment as we have a gift business but as soon as we can, that will be our first choice.

However, if you like it hot rather than warm, choose september.

Mid May or mid September would be our preferred quieter time...wish I could travel at these times ....now, if I could find a way to "retire" early I wouldn't have to travel in August

Florida Chatterbox
    We go early May and early November. Both periods are relatively quiet and the weather is warm and not blistering hot with fairly low humidity, particularly November.

I'd have to say November is our favourite time as you get the start of the Christmas festivities.