Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: rides to avoid

rides to avoid

I know we are going to the home of the big roller coaster rides, but I am basically a chicken who hates big drops. I can avoid the obvious rides where I can see it has a huge drop in it but are there any other rides I should avoid that have hidden drops!

No one can be worse than me, I even can't do many of the children's rides such as Dumbo as it makes me giddy. I do enjoy Pirates of the Caribbean in Magic Kingdom but that does have a small drop in the dark near the beginning. It is only small and there are no safety bars in the boat which gives you an idea of how small it is, but if you don't like them at all, best to stay clear. You will be OK on rides like Pooh bear, Peter Pan, the new Ariel under the sea, Jungle cruise, haunted house and of course small world all in Magic Kingdom. If in doubt, ask the Host at the entrance to a ride and they will be able to tell you if it has any drops, I always ask about spinning and they are very helpful.
    Sue
    Gerry and Sue

I find the simulators worse, I can handle the coasters in Florida no probs. Just don't get me on the tea cups or I'll be queezy for a week!!!

Florida Chatterbox
    I, too, can't take the tea-cups! I can do almost every ride in the parks, Tower of Terror, The Mummy & Everest are all favourites, but put me on anything that spins, & I turn green!
    Hazel.

Florida Chatterbox DisneyFunVilla's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kerrigan View Post
    I, too, can't take the tea-cups! I can do almost every ride in the parks, Tower of Terror, The Mummy & Everest are all favourites, but put me on anything that spins, & I turn green!
    Hazel.
    Good news! The tea cups are currently closed for refurbishment.
    Mike

It's the simulators I can't handle either! Wild Arctic, Star Tours, The Simpsons and its predecessor Back to the Future, Spider-Man and anything that whizzed round, the teacups and Cat in the Hat!![sick]

Liz