Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Discovery cove, non swimmers

Florida Newbie

Discovery cove, non swimmers

I'm looking into discovery cove for our trip and it looks amazing. However while most of us can swim, there will be 3 non swimmers in our group, one young child and 2 adults. The adults have no problem being in water as long as their feet touch the ground and the child loves water if wearing armbands so not too worried about her lol. Will there be enough for the 2 adults to do?

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemmasteele84 View Post
    I'm looking into discovery cove for our trip and it looks amazing. However while most of us can swim, there will be 3 non swimmers in our group, one young child and 2 adults. The adults have no problem being in water as long as their feet touch the ground and the child loves water if wearing armbands so not too worried about her lol. Will there be enough for the 2 adults to do?
    Even the adults can get flotation vests so ,ay find their confidence increases with being there. (they have/had both neoprene type ones and proper hard plastic buoyancy vests so they should get a good day still.
    Babblin Boo

We took my daughter who is a week swimmer (doggy paddle only) and she had a great time, even did the dolphin swim, with a buoyancy jacket on. Feeding the Manta Rays is in knee deep water, there is also an aviary not to mention a sandy beach to relax on.
    Gerry and Sue

Whilst in the water at Discovery Cove, it is mandatory that you wear either a wetsuit or bouyancy jacket (both provided in multiple sizes). Even if you're a competent swimmer, they make you wear something !!!
    So your non-swimmers won't look out of place.....
    There will be lots to do & plenty of paddling .
    The ray pool, for instance, is mostly only waist-deep .

Florida Newbie
    Great thanks so much. My mum and hubby both have a phobia of water so it's hard to find things for them at places like this.

it a lovely place to go... lots to do and see... we went and my hubby Steve is a non swimmer and we went round the lazy river it was fantastic and to watch Steve with hard jacket on even i wore one even tho i can swim... he loved so much it was like watching a child open their christmas presents bless him! we just stayed upright paddling our feet around it was brilliant going back again or may try aquatica as we dont want to do the dolphin swim again, do any of you know if aquatica is as good as except no dolphins
    Liesa

Liesa, I don't think Aquatica compares with Discovery Cove. It is more like a normal water park. We went when it first opened so it may have improved but I didn't enjoy it much. Lots of concrete and slides etc but not the animal interaction you get at Discovery Cove.

Sue
    Gerry and Sue

We love Aquatica, Liesa
    Jan

My son in law went last oct but hes a big water nut think we will get the pass and do all of the parks seaworld, aquatica, and busch garden we all love them...lol cant wait!!
    Liesa

Florida Newbie
    Even I am afraid of water but during school trip I learn how to swim really lovely that I know swimming.