Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Activities for : Mum Dad and Adult son

Florida Chatterbox

Activities for : Mum Dad and Adult son

What activities would you recommend for me and my hubby and our 22 year old son.
    We have been 4 times before but the kids were much younger . ( daughter now married and son was just 13 on his last trip)
    It will seem a bit strange for us not to have younger children with us... ( and for our son being there as an adult !) but I am sure we will enjoy the trip... we are thinking of getting a 14 day ticket to Disney parks - we will like to spend some time at the Disney water parks. However we will probably be blowing a large amount of or budget on those tickets (plus parking) and will need to plan the rest carefully.

we will take in the car cruise at Old Town
    any suggestions welcome
    also what's new since 2004......

Super Moderator
    We have found our adult sons still like visiting the state parks, especially Blue Springs if the manatees are there and they are still a 'cheap' day out at a few dollars for the car. They still take a frisbee and make us run about trying to catch the thing.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Did your son get into the Harry Potter books when younger? The Universal parks have changed tremendously since then and the new HP part is amazing and worth looking at.
    What about a Segway ride? Airboat ride?
    As far as budget goes, you may find it better to get something like a 5/6 days Hopper Disney ticket (parking cost $14 a day) as you aren't going to realistically go for 14 days in a row and can then spend some more on the other parks etc.
    I've just got an email to say the Old TOwn now has a zipline, rock wall and rope climb thing , might that appeal to him?
    It all depends really on what sort of activities you all enjoy.
    Babblin Boo

At 22 I think he's gonig to prefer Seaworld, Universal and IOA rather than the Disney parks- Plus you should try Busch Gardens if you've not been- lots of fab rides.

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    If you can afford the time on a Disney day you could park at Downtown Disney and travel by bus/boat to a Disney hotel which can be very interesting then another bus/boat to the Disney park, you see parts of Disney you do not usually see and save $14. We have just returned from a 2 week stay with our son and his young family so we went straight to the parks but we really missed our trips to the hotels.
    Lyn

Florida Chatterbox DisneyFunVilla's Avatar
    Steph has some good ideas ... non-park things. Hot air balloon rides might be fun, it's something on my list. Definitely look into a dinner show or two. They're not so good for the young ones, but older kids and adults like them. We've done Sleuth's twice and both my boys, one 18, one 20, enjoyed it a lot, as did the adults in the party.
    Mike

Hire a Segway -available on the 192 near Celebration-great fun!!
    Jan & Rob

Try Fantasy of Flight about 10 miles out on the I4 towards Tampa....
    Son & hubby will probably get a kick out of it - you may ???
    My Sue explored Spirit of St Louis & thoroughly enjoyed herself !!!
    1950's cafe good value & chance to fly in open biplane.....

Florida Savvy
    Ive been with my adult children, and they loved hot air ballooning, swimming with manatees in crystal river, revolution off road experience, searching for sharks teeth on the beach at Englewood, Seaworld, Busch Gardens, IFly, IOA etc- Me and my hubby loved these too!!! I also enjoyed silver springs and Gatorland.

Florida Expert
    We too have done the Segways around Celebration and had a great time. Drive up to St Augustine that's a nice place for a couple of days.