Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Places for Snorkelling

Florida Chatterbox

Places for Snorkelling

Hello experts !!!
    Please could someone advise me with regard to places to go for snorkelling?
    we are going in Oct with our son (22 yrs old) - he is keen to go snorkelling...
    I think I vaguely remember one of the water parks offered a snorkelling activity which one was it ?
    what about Snorkelling in the coast? or in any national parks?
    Thanks in advance..

Typhoon Lagoon has a "snorkelling with sharks" experience... Very limited time though.
    Discovery Cove ( although much more expensive ) is an all day unlimited snorkelling swim ( should you want to...) with lots of different fish & you get to keep the snorkel !!!
    Not sure about coasts or National Parks - no doubt others will know

Super Moderator
    It is Typhoon Lagoon that has the snorkel facility but as mentioned it is very short and limited. You could try Dive Orlando dot com as they do everything from snorkel classes right through snorkel dives.

I would highly recommend Discovery Cove the lagoon is massive and the types of fish and stingray you can see is amazing.

Discovery Cove has two places you can snorkle, the lazy river doesn't have any fish or rays in (which was perfect for me) or the Grand Reef, which is huge and it has all sorts of rays and fish in the shallows and in the coral reef, you could spend a good couple of hours snorkeling in there no problem, my teenagers loved it, and they got some amazing pictures with a cheap underwater camera as well. Can highly recommend Discovery Cove [msnsmile2]
    Wendy

Florida Chatterbox
    Ok thank you all for your suggestions:-)
    The feedback is that he wants to go snorkelling in the sea.... but I have seen bad reports of east and west coast snorkelling - best is supposed to be south in the keys - but its too far for us on this holiday.
    So I think we may be best going to a spring/national park.
    Does anyone have any experience of this ???? We are not going till Oct 2013 -