Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mysteries off baggage allowance ???

Florida Newbie

Mysteries off baggage allowance ???

Just been reading on Internet about baggage allowance I had been tolled that with virgin economy you got 2 bags up to 23kg but when iv just been on the virgin site it's says one bag has the baggage allowance changed ?? I friend went last September and he said they got to bags in economy to and from Orlando that's why he booked with them ? My wife can't even keep to 23kg when we go to Cornwall [msntongue] and that in the car . Just wondering how people on here cope with baggage allowance [grouphug].

Several years ago it used to be two bags with Virgin. It is still two if you are Premium economy but economy is just one 23Kg bag. We keep lots of cloths ect at the villa so that is not too difficult for us + as there are usually 3 of us we share our allowances and that helps.

Sue
    Gerry and Sue

Hi Ads....My husbands comments when going on holiday is always "You got the kitchen sink" I am not a person who travels light but since the baggage allowance changed then so have I and to be quite honest I always had a case full of things I did not need or ever used the whole of the holiday, so I know it can be done, then I also have to admit a few of my bits float into my husbands case as I do the packing........and if you are using a villa then there are always facilities for washing and ironing so that is always a plus.
    Val

Florida Chatterbox
    You can pay for additional pieces of luggage, only if you would like to keep the wife happy. Good luck!

Gold 5 Star Member
    It used to be 2 X 32KGS each in Economy, then it got dropped to 2 X 23kgs and now just one piece at 23kgs. They have just upped the hand luggage to 10kgs rather than 6 which helps.
    Babblin Boo

Tell your wife she is going to the land of consumerism.....anything she doesn't take with her she can buy when she gets there, of course that means purchasing extra luggage allowance for your return journey [msnwink]
    we always go with one bag between the two of us but return with one bag each! []

Liz

I agree with Liz,
    take two large cases with 10Kg of stuff in each, and come home with them both on the weight limit!

In the days of two cases each we would put our holiday clothes in a case, put that case in a larger case and come home with them both full!

Mrs Dad's Taxi has just reminded me to mention that your villa will have a washer and dryer so you won't need two week's worth of socks+undies.
    Dave.

I wish they would just give you a weight allowance ie 23kg but allow two cases within that. We have just got back and flew PE so allowed two cases at 23KG each. I took two cases but each one was only about 14kg - it was so much easier to carry these but a 23kg case is about as heavy as I can manage and I always worry about hurting my back etc. I know they have wheels but you still need to lift them off the belt etc.

Sue
    Gerry and Sue

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Reed View Post
    I wish they would just give you a weight allowance ie 23kg but allow two cases within that. We have just got back and flew PE so allowed two cases at 23KG each. I took two cases but each one was only about 14kg - it was so much easier to carry these but a 23kg case is about as heavy as I can manage and I always worry about hurting my back etc. I know they have wheels but you still need to lift them off the belt etc.
    Some airlines do that - it's the weight they're mostly concerned about because they want to maximise fuel economy.

Super Moderator
    Part of the reason we like BA as the hand luggage allowance is up to 23kg so long as you can lift the case, wich is a more generous size, than Virgin's into the overhead. We don't have hold luggage so we can make a quick get a way once we get through immigration. Luckily we were through Tampa and in our car in under an hour on Saturday much better than the 90 minutes we spent in a queue in Orlando last December.