Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Harry potter expansion

Florida Savvy

Harry potter expansion

It's now official folks!!

Was announced by the head honcho today. If u run a quick web searchican find all details.

But it's going to be based on diagon alley and grimgotts bank as speculated by geeks on the web. And it's slated to open in 2014!

Gold 5 Star Member
    Allegedly with the Hogwarts Express available to shuttle people between the Hogwarts site at IOA and the Diagon Alley site at Universal.

I've been following the rumours for months and it looks like it is going to be absolutely fantastic.

My own personal guess is that the Hogwarts Express will have digital windows. Let's face it, when you are going from Kings Cross to Hogwarts you don't exactly want to see all the scabby back-roads and maintenance areas do you? This rumour hasn't made it main-stream on the internet yet - it's my own guess. I was pretty close with the original HP ride at IOA so I'm keen to see if I'm anywhere near right with this one.

I post a few rumours out as and when I hear them via my Facebook page. The forum rules prohibit me from posting the link here but if you want it feel free to drop me a PM.
    Steve

Florida Savvy

Harry potter expansion

I had heard that rumour as well, and with today's tech it could work quite well.
    I hope they get the motion of speed right though as there is a lot of distance in the films and probably not that much between the parks.

Gold 5 Star Member
    They might even go as far as to give you a different view, ride or experience each time you ride the Hogwarts Express; making it an attraction in its own right.

The hard part in my mind will be the transition from the real world to the magical one and then back to the real one. At the point you board the train and look out of the window you will expect to see exactly the scene you have just left ... same platform, same people, same weather. Then at some point you have to switch from that to the journey. Then switch back again at the far end. That's going to be really difficult to do to the level of quality that makes it really difficult to see the join. If indeed that happens at all; although to just leave a view of the roads around Universal with the all-you-can-eat restaurants would be a bit pants. A truly less than magical experience.

Personally I think Disney have a real fight on their hands now, and I'm not sure that the rumoured Avatar land at Animal Kingdom is up to the job. However the other rumour of closing the Indianna Jones show at Disney Studios and replacing it with a massive Star Wars themed area. That might work :-)
    Steve

Florida Chatterbox DisneyFunVilla's Avatar
    A dark tunnel will solve the transition problem.

I'd hate to see the Indy show go.
    Mike

Florida Savvy

Harry potter expansion

Would love a Star Wars themed land!!!
    Wouldn't mind losing Indiana for that!

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spuddybaby View Post
    Would love a Star Wars themed land!!!
    Wouldn't mind losing Indiana for that!
    Your wish might be granted but yes it will be Disney that will do it, I read something about this just the other day!
    Last edited by Cruella DeVilla; 11-05-2013 at 19:05.
    CDV

i know they have to continually develop these places, but I miss Jaws and King Kong.
    Tonish

Florida Chatterbox DisneyPrincess's Avatar

Harry potter expansion

So excited for the HP development - the current area is amazing and I'm sure the new London section will be equally fab!

Florida Chatterbox DisneyFunVilla's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonish View Post
    i know they have to continually develop these places, but I miss Jaws and King Kong.
    Me, too, along with Ghostbusters and Back to the Future.
    Mike