Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Harry potter expansion

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    I liked the Jaws ride but can't wait to see what it is going to be like after the work has finished!
    CDV

The expansion to the Wizarding World should be fantastic - it's going to be hidden behind a London waterfront facade, featuring muggle places shown in the movies.

I understand the Hogwarts Express is going to have TV-screen windows (as Steve said) and that each time a slightly different calamity will befall the occupants - including being stopped by Dementors!

I've ridden the Transformers ride in Hollywood and really enjoyed it, even though I thought the updated Spiderman ride was technically better (sharper video, more fluid transitions etc.) - and I'm a huge Transformers fan.

It must be said, though, I too really miss Back to the Future! I love the Simpsons ride, but Back to the Future was absolutely one of my favourites.

If the rumours are true and Disney counter the Universal expansion with a Star Wars themed land and Cars land at Hollywood Studios, we're in for a really good couple of years - I really like these completely themed lands like WWoHP and Cars Land over at Disney's California Adventure. I may even try to be there on opening day for Star Wars, if I can brave the crowds... As long as they have a huge Millennium Falcon, I'm in!

I loved Back to the future too but think the Simpson's ride is just awesome, though have to admit to closing my eyes on part of it. Think Harry Potter is just great and look forward to the new extension, all so exciting and it is these new extensions that bring visitors back to Florida time and time again.
    Val

Florida Savvy
    I love all the Harry Potter stuff- I just wish it wasn't quite so busy tho!!

You know, I'm not sure how much of it is that the area is (undeniably) busy, and how much of it is that the stores and public areas are teeny tiny!

I actually feel uncomfortable in the gift shops in the Wizarding World... I always thought that was the 8th deadly sin in a theme park!

I'm bursting to see the expansion, and also Disney's response to it.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony G View Post
    I'm bursting to see the expansion, and also Disney's response to it.
    Ah yes.

I think Disney have given up on 2014, but beyond that they might well own the next few years. The Downtown Disney remodel (aka Disney Town Center) is a multi-year project. Festival of the Lion King has just moved to Africa in Animal Kingdom which would seem to give the green light for the on/off Avatar Land project. Then there are the rumours of a big Start Wars themed area at Hollywood Studios, plus the rumour that Disney will bring Cars Land to DHS as well.

The next few years look like they are going to see opening after opening.

All good stuff
    Steve

Florida Savvy
    Yeah, the shops are tiny in there! It seems to get busier each time I visit- I foolishly thought it would quieten down after a couple of years!

Florida Expert
    The new bit that you can see behind the wooden building screens looks like a remarkably good replica of Kings Cross Stations outside Façade.

In Universal and IOA last week and obviously well under way in both sites. Went on the new Transformers ride in Universal and all I can say is it is just brilliant so good we went on twice.
    Val

Florida Chatterbox DisneyFunVilla's Avatar
    Some big and fun sounding news about Universal's Harry Potter attractions:

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/loc...ement/24979628

Some excerpts:

"From "London" (Universal Studios side) you will actually go through the magic portal at King's Cross Station's Platform 9 3/4. You may want to go at it with a bit of a run. How the illusion will work is still not clear. But here's what you will see once you are in the mythical place where Hogwarts students board for the trip to school".

"Once you board the train itself (8 per cabin, 200 people per train) you will be seated by a window that (instead of the industrial backstage of the Universal parks) will let you see the countryside to Hogwarts (or, from Hogsmeade, the scenery back to London). The roughly 7 minute trip each way will feature two different experiences complete with beloved characters from the movies."
    Mike