Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 7 bedroom villa needed for 9th June 2013..... We've been badly let down

Florida Newbie

7 bedroom villa needed for 9th June 2013..... We've been badly let down

We had a 7 bedroom villa in Emerald Island booked but the owner has decided to sell and withdrawn. Therefore we are desperately looking for a villa in the same resort for the 15 family members from 9th - 23rd June 2013.... Does anyone have any availability... We've been offered two four bedrooms but been outvoted by the grand kids... They want one big house... Fingers crossed

Kim

Florida Chatterbox
    There's just something not right about accepting bookings while a villa is on the market and could be sold at any time.

I can see the logic from a business point of view and I'm sure it's all done in good faith. Of course the villa might not sell and it's not easy to turn down income in this case. Also, even if it does sell, the new owners might want to honour bookings that are in place but, as in this case, they might not.

I think there is a moral responsibility and a good practice responsibility to notify people enquiring about renting a villa, that it is up for sale. I understand there may be no legal responsibility but surely this practice brings disrepute on the whole villa-owning community. I wonder what owners think.

Sorry I can't help in your search for a replacement villa. Hope you get something suitable.

Yes, I agree with you 'Father' but it is a difficult situation. We have no intention of selling but often have bookings over a year in advance and no one can predict what may happen that far in advance so I guess cancellations do happen sometimes from both sides, but I would warn guests as soon as we thought of selling. We have lost bookings at short notice too !
    Gerry and Sue

Gold 5 Star Member
    Are these scenarios covered in the rental contract?

Super Moderator
    We certainly have a clause in the agreement as to the villa possibly not being available. It could be, hopefully not,be due to a pipe has burst and caused extensive water damage or for some other reason that is beyond our control.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Katys Grandad View Post
    Are these scenarios covered in the rental contract?
    As far as ours is concerned, any time our home isn't available, for whatever reason,and we can't fulfil our side of the contract the full payment is refundable. To do anything less would be dishones, imo. However it also works that if a Guest cannot get there for whatever reason but the home is available they are still obligated for full payment. Trust is a 2 way street in my book and we wouldnt take bbokings if we couldn't, in all good faith. expect to honour them. As said though, many homes are owned by couples etc and unfortunately, such is the nature of life that death,divorce, unemployment, family commitments can mean that at short notice a decision has to be made to sell. In those circumstances though as soon as I was aware, I think (unless I knew for certain the new owner wanted to carry on as is) then I would give guests the option to cancel, this is very short notice though and you do have to wonder why you have only just been told.
    Babblin Boo

Manchester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    i used the search tool at the top and found 2 available on emerald isle for the dates you require-try that

must admit i'm a little nervous now, we have booked a villa where we have stayed before and really liked the owners so much so we decided to stay at their place again (lovely owners) but had a call a fortnight ago saying they have sold their villa and the new owner was going to honour their bookings... theyre brazilians, havent heard anything from them which is fine but just feeling panicky, the original owner we booked with has assured us theyre nice people and very happy to keep the bookings but there is always that bit of doubt.. we had none before as we stayed at this house before....[stupid1][stupid1][stupid1]
    Liesa

Florida Chatterbox
    Pity they didn't sell it on with a book full of bookings guaranteeing income. But maybe the new owners didn't want to rent.

Gold 5 Star Member ShirleyCottam's Avatar
    I hope you have now found a lovely place to stay, enjoy your time in Florida
    Shirley