Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Easter 2014 Flights - Scary Prices

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SDJ View Post
    We flew to Thailand last June for £490 with Ethiad. We normally go with Thai Airways but decided to give Ethiad a go. Absolutely spot on, great service, attendants smiley and very courteous, and even food that we found edible!! Shall definitely be using them again.
    We also flew Etihad to Bangkok a couple of months ago. The food was good and I can say for sure because Mr & Mrs Michel Roux Jnr were in the seats directly in front of us and seemed to enjoy it.
    Last edited by Katys Grandad; 20-05-2013 at 19:47.

Quote Originally Posted by Katys Grandad View Post
    We also flew Etihad to Bangkok a couple of months ago. The food was good and I can say for sure because Mr & Mrs Michel Roux Jnr and his wife were in the seats directly in front of us and seemed to enjoy it.
    Pleased to learn our first experience of Ethiad was not a 'one off'.

Well, for info I have just booked our flights, very reluctantly paid £1055/seat, direct MAN-MCO with Thomas Cook. No reductions for kids. All in all despite the thrill at being able to set my count-down timer on here I'm feeling decidedly ripped off. At the moment we think this may be our last trip for a long time, but I expect that when our imminent granddaughter reaches age 5 or 6 we'll have to take her back!
    Dave.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dads_Taxi View Post
    Well, for info I have just booked our flights, very reluctantly paid £1055/seat, direct MAN-MCO with Thomas Cook. No reductions for kids. All in all despite the thrill at being able to set my count-down timer on here I'm feeling decidedly ripped off. At the moment we think this may be our last trip for a long time, but I expect that when our imminent granddaughter reaches age 5 or 6 we'll have to take her back!
    Well Dave, you've answered my question as to whether people are prepared to pay that level of fare! I'm sure you'll enjoy it all.

Hi KG, yes, I've not done the cause any good really, a strong boycott might have possibly made them consider a price reduction. I was just too eager!

I'm just not going to check prices again now, I might regret it!
    Dave.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Hi KG, yes, I've not done the cause any good really, a strong boycott might have possibly made them consider a price reduction. I was just too eager!

I must admit I very grudgingly booked our Christmas seats recently with Virgin as the availability is getting more limited for return dates. Flying Pe we went from April 25th-May 10th this year at £935 the same flights from Dec 13th -Jan 3rd are £1200 (considering what you have paid for Economy it's not looking so bad but a 30% increas in the same year is a bit steep. We started looking before flights came out and checked everyday so these were the cheapest on the flights, they usually only get dearer.
    Babblin Boo

Florida Chatterbox
    Just looked out of curiosity at Easter 2014 Flights (5/4 out and 19/4 back from MAN) for an indirect flight and US Airways are coming in at £697 and Delta are £860 so it looks like you can make quite a saving if you are prepared to go through one of the hubs.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurel Oak View Post
    Just looked out of curiosity at Easter 2014 Flights (5/4 out and 19/4 back from MAN) for an indirect flight and US Airways are coming in at £697 and Delta are £860 so it looks like you can make quite a saving if you are prepared to go through one of the hubs.
    Quite worrying that we're regarding a £700 fare as a good deal these day although compared to £1,100 it's almost a steal!

It is getting OTT. We're tied to school holiday time as well and it just gets worse and worse. We usually go twice a year, but with 6 of us (sometimes 7) the cost is painful, so this year we're cutting the summer trip altogether and just doing Christmas. The airlines should not be able to get away with singling out a group of captive travellers to boost profits and subsidise everyone else. It's price gouging in my opinion.
    Tonish

Florida Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by Katys Grandad View Post
    Quite worrying that we're regarding a £700 fare as a good deal these day although compared to £1,100 it's almost a steal!
    Market forces I'm afraid. The airlines charge more for flights in school holidays than other times because naturally demand is higher. Having said that how many of us villa owners charge more for school holidays than other times - I know I do.

We are fortunate that we are not tied to school holidays at the moment but when/if my daughter has children we may have that problem and I'm sure I won't be happy with prices.