Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Sunpass inc with alamo??

Florida Chatterbox

Sunpass inc with alamo??

Hi all

After a quick answer if poss.

I picked the car up last night and as read in other posrs, I used the fastpass lane, but the camera flashed !!

Is this normal or will I get a large cc bill next month

Thanks

Paul

You should get no charge other than the toll and Alamo first day of use charge. Once you have the minimum no of days charge then only the tolls apply.

Dave
    Dave Lewis

Can I also check, we have a car through Alamo but were never asked about a 'toll pass'. We have our own sunpass transponder which is up in the car. When we go through the tolls we get the 'Thank you' sign and the toll has come of my account (I have checked on line). I assume that the toll wont be passed on to Alamo and we wont be paying twice?

Sue
    Gerry and Sue

The toll request only goes to Alamo when a 'violation' is recorded at the booth. You therefore should not see any charges, you do need to be careful that your transponder is working correctly otherwise the charge is triggered.

As owners we had a transponder because it made life easier, however as soon as this system came out we stopped using. I decided that $5 per visit was worth not setting up the system each time and keeping the account up to date. Also no problem if the transponder does not register at the booth, which does happen at times.

Now I just get in the car and go where I like no bother about tolls or having a pocket full of change.

For a $5 charge this is the best thing a car hire company has ever done.

Dave
    Dave Lewis

Florida Newbie
    Please could someone explain how toll roads work with an Alamo rental?

Do I pay cash at each booth? or can I use the pre-paid lane?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pareto View Post
    Please could someone explain how toll roads work with an Alamo rental? Do I pay cash at each booth? or can I use the pre-paid lane? Thanks
    If you scroll to the bottom of the link it will give you the information regarding Alamo https://www.sunpass.com/rentalcar
    Keith