Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hi all after some advice be for we book our trip

I can't speak for other villa owners, but when we take a booking before the flights are available ie more than 11 months in advance, we do try to be a little flexible on the dates - as long as we don't have a second booking too close to the one in question. In other words we would change the booking a few days one way or the other at no extra charge, if the villa is still available for the new dates. We find this helps us know we have a booking and the guests know they have got a villa they like but can get the best value flight as soon as they become available.

Sue
    Gerry and Sue

Florida Newbie
    Do Thomson fly late October? I thought they only flew during peak times.
    I agree that if you find a villa that you like book it, we have bookings for August and October 2014 that were made in January.
    David

Thomson fly to Orlando until mid November so flights would be available for October dates. Unlike Virgin and BA , where prices increase the later you leave it, Thomson prices go down the closer you leave it. You just need to be flexible on your dates a little.
    Jan and Lee

Florida Newbie
    Thanks for all your replys it's been interesting reading and food for thought I would like to find out more on Tampa air port like drive time to Kissimmee area we are planning on taking our 5 year old out off school for a week befor or after kids break up in October so she only missing one week of school

Drive time from Tampa airport is about 90 minutes (if your villa is on I27 a bit less !!)
    Time from Sanford about 75, so just a little longer..
    & time from Orlando about 45....
    As Tampa is a smaller airport, immigration & baggage pickup can often be a bit quicker than at the other airports, so things even out a bit !!!
    (Especially if you're at the back of the immigration Q at Orlando behind the Virgin Jumbo )......

Florida Expert
    Can't help you with regard to driving times to Kissimmee but Tampa Airport is great to arrive into. It is much quieter than Orlando and having arrived yesterday I can also say the Immigration Hall and Luggage Collection areas are undergoing an upgrade. Rental car desks are directly opposite the doors you come out of from the Terminal.
    Clare R

Gold 5 Star Member
    We often fly indirect because of prices with BA and Virgin during school holidays have become very expensive. We have used the Miami service on a couple of occasions but this is a long drive. We have guests who book very far in advance and as flights have not been released for their dates, we have adjusted their dates by a few days (subject to availability either side) to fit in with their flights. Have fun organising your trip and welcome
    Jan&Steve

Florida Chatterbox
    We fly direct from Manchester to Orlando with Virgin each year. We also go in October half term but we have a few days either side of the holidays to make the flights cheaper. This year we go in the middle of the holidays so the kids need to be off school for 7 days but that shouldn't be a problem with a 5 year old as schools seem to be more strict once they get to exam taking age.

Try collecting Virgin Flying Club miles as you have a long time to wait. You only need 2000 miles per person and will save around £70 per flight by using miles plus money when booking.

We always book flights first as another poster said, you can alter the dates by just one day and be confronted with a price that is double if you can fly a day or so earlier. We came across this exact situation when we booked our flights back in December for this October. Tuesday to Tuesday for 10 people £6840 but......Wednesday to Wednesday was booked for £4800! I'd rather have my 3rd, 4th , 5th choice villa if it's going to work out to be free with the savings i made! My advice, ALWAYS book the flights first, they are the single most expensive part of the holiday with the most fluctuation in prices.

Tickets are easier, it's just about searching around the usual sites. Personally i have used the site at the top of this page for my tickets in previous years, although i have bought them elsewhere this year as the price was much better for my requirements.

Car.....link at the top of this page, look no further, believe me i've tried!! Great prices and even better service.

Villa, search this sites options and you will find lots to choose from. Perhaps not your first choice as that is just sods law, but another one will be just a few clicks away and they're all nice.

My experience shows that for October 2014, you would get good prices around mid December then again in early February. Not sure why but it seems to be a pattern from booking previous years.

Lastly, i'm basing the above advice on flying MAN-MCO. If you're looking to fly out of London then keep checking BA for the Tampa route....i did and the prices some days were good. The only reason i didn't book was the extra cost to get from Leeds to Gatwick and also the deal with my miles i have accumulated.

Think that is war and peace done for now. I hope at least some of the above is of use to you.
    Garry Pullan

Florida Newbie
    Thanks all i will be looking at the flight options as soon as flights come out and will be booking villa on here there are some out standing ones on here