Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: I trolley/lynx

Florida Newbie

I trolley/lynx

Hi I was wondering which is the better the I ride or the lynx for getting about in Orlando as will be without a car many thanks ColinColin

The I Ride trolley is local to International Drive. Lynx buses travel all over....
    You'll need to use both if not based on I. Drive

Quote Originally Posted by colin crighton View Post
    Hi I was wondering which is the better the I ride or the lynx for getting about in Orlando as will be without a car many thanks ColinColin
    Hi Colin

Do you really have to be without a car? I don't want to put a damper on your holiday plans, but it really is much more enjoyable with the freedom and flexibility you get with a car, and renting the very basic one from somewhere like this site doesn't add much to the overall cost of the holiday, but makes it a lot easier whilst you are there.
    Tonish

Florida Newbie
    It all depends on we're you are staying as well, some bus stops are a long walk from communities and are few and far between.
    Wouldn't like to walk to a stop in the summer heat and there is no shelter at the stops either.
    Car hire is cheap and convenient.
    David

Gold 5 Star Member
    Whilst car hire may be cheap and a good option, if you are a non-driver, young driver (or haven't held your license for a year) or just not very confident then it may not be a choice every one can (or even wishes) to make. We have friends who have been to Florida 7/8 times he is now in his early forties and has driven since he was 17 in Uk but he just does not want to drive overseas, si it is good there are alternatives.
    If you look at the Lynx website and I ride websites you can get an idea which may help you plan before you go, at least some days.
    Babblin Boo

Both International Drive & the 192 are well served by buses / trams.
    Many stops on the 192 have shelters with water fountains & seating but we would agree that they are usually a pretty fair hike from communities.
    For non-car drivers, if you have access to a 'bike, the Lynx buses have bike racks & will carry them free !!!

Florida Newbie
    I have never seen shelters with water fountains at the top end of the 192, are there any past Rolling oaks?
    David

Florida Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by steph_goodrum View Post
    Whilst car hire may be cheap and a good option, if you are a non-driver, young driver (or haven't held your license for a year) or just not very confident then it may not be a choice every one can (or even wishes) to make. We have friends who have been to Florida 7/8 times he is now in his early forties and has driven since he was 17 in Uk but he just does not want to drive overseas, si it is good there are alternatives.
    If you look at the Lynx website and I ride websites you can get an idea which may help you plan before you go, at least some days.
    Hi everyone thanks for all your replies so far. We are a party of 4with 2 of us going down to keys leaving 2 in Orlando without car for 4 days ColinColin