Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spending money

Florida Newbie

Spending money

Hi just trying to figure out whether to take cash or credit card for spending, going in 10 weeks time could anyone help also are travellers cheques still accepted in Orlando many thanks Colin [msnsmile2]

Hi Colin as far as i know yes they still except travellers cheques in the U.S. with a passport as I.D.

I would take a mix of cash and put the rest in travellers cheques or the NEW Money Credit Cards have become more popular now days, you can pick these up from most travel agency's.

Have a greast time,

Mark.

They certainly used to accept traveller's cheques everywhere - only ever got asked for ID when using them in supermarkets. If you are taking TC's I would suggest you take them in small amounts as some of the food outlets will not accept the larger domination ones.

We now always take cash - so much easier and usually there is a safe in your accommodation which you will be able to use.

Florida Chatterbox
    Used to take TC but now allways take cash and use my credit card for the odd purchase.

As has been mentioned many villas have safe's so leave the passports, tickets and cash in there.

We always take cash and a money card like FairFX which normally gives excellent rates, also if you have access to a computer you can top it up so you don't have to take too much and get a poor exchange rate when you get back home if your lucky enough not to spend it all. We found travellers cheques a bit inconvenient since the introduction of money cards.
    Keith

Florida Chatterbox DisneyPrincess's Avatar

Spending money

I would also recommend the travel agent credit cards - they are used just like debit card here and are pin protected. We take one of these and cash usually

Gold 5 Star Member ShirleyCottam's Avatar
    I would also go with cash and cards. Dont forget you will need cash for small purchases like ice creams, tolls etc.
    Some cards make a charge to convert to dollars so check this out before making multiple small purchases.
    Shirley

We always take cash and just only use the credit card for emergencies, that way we keep track of what we spend and don't have any huge bills when we get home.
    Wendy

Remember cash cards like Fair FX e.t.c are just that, you put the cash on the card before you go and top up if necessary as long as you have access to a computer, you can also get cash from an ATM for a small charge
    Keith

A lot of places don't take travellers cheques now.

Andrna