Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: charges for paying?

Florida Chatterbox

charges for paying?

Hi there We have used this site several times now and been more than pleased with the villas we have stayed in. We have booked a villa this year in Davenport from the owners who were very nice and helpful but who have now sold the villa. We have encountered problems since, as it seems to be run by their management company and the new owners don't want to have anything to do with the day to day running of it. We have no details of the owners only this company. We are due to pay the balance and have been told it will be 100 dollars to pay by debit card. We think that is a bit steep and have asked for details to pay by bankers draft or similar to avoid such a high amount. They have since been vague and no details forthcoming. Wondering what other owners think and do you think that is a fair amount to pay?
    We are a family of 10 renting this villa and now we are beginning to feel a little worried that other things may be amiss.

We don't charge for anyone paying with a credit/debit/paypal etc. It would depend on what you actually paid for your villa. Some owners charge anything from 3% - 4%. If you paid $3000 for 2 weeks then the charge at 4% would be $120 or at 3% it would be $90.

Florida Chatterbox
    I have never paid this before for any villa on this site and i think another 100 dollars is a lot. But I think really more worrying is that we are not dealing directly with the owners who don't want to have anything to do with it, just the management company. That is the beauty of this site, you can e mail the owners and get a direct answer. We are still waiting to get details of how to pay directly to them instead of this charge.
    We would certainly not go back to this villa again.

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    Would you be able to email me at john@orlandovillas.com with the name of the original owners you booked with please?

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    I do charge 4% if people pay by Credit card as this is what the company takes. I offer many other payment options including internet banking and cheques so guests can pay without any charge. I cant afford to loose 4% to the CC companies as we loose enough of the rental fee in taxes, commision and bills as it is.
    Christine

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marti View Post
    Hi there We have used this site several times now and been more than pleased with the villas we have stayed in. We have booked a villa this year in Davenport from the owners who were very nice and helpful but who have now sold the villa. We have encountered problems since, as it seems to be run by their management company and the new owners don't want to have anything to do with the day to day running of it. We have no details of the owners only this company. We are due to pay the balance and have been told it will be 100 dollars to pay by debit card. We think that is a bit steep and have asked for details to pay by bankers draft or similar to avoid such a high amount. They have since been vague and no details forthcoming. Wondering what other owners think and do you think that is a fair amount to pay?
    We are a family of 10 renting this villa and now we are beginning to feel a little worried that other things may be amiss.
    If youur booking was transferred to the new company , personally unless you have signed new terms and conditions, I would insist that your payment is taken as if you were with the old owners. After all you entered into the contract with an expectation of what it would cost you, with all things included. It is unfair of them to expect you to pay a fee because they have "inherited" the booking and choose to do things differently.
    Babblin Boo

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by christhear View Post
    I do charge 4% if people pay by Credit card as this is what the company takes. I offer many other payment options including internet banking and cheques so guests can pay without any charge. I cant afford to loose 4% to the CC companies as we loose enough of the rental fee in taxes, commision and bills as it is.
    I think that is fair enough if you are aware of the charges when you decide to book and can consider it as part of the overall cost but to have it charged once you have booked, imo , is not fair and should be something the new owners should have to swallow for bookings they have "inherited".
    Babblin Boo

Florida Chatterbox
    To update We have now paid via a money transfer so no charges. however now the management company who are dealing with the villa say we have to pay another 200 dollars because of the exchange rate. We have now realise that the people who now own this villa want nothing to do with the running of it and leave it all to their management company. Also they are not on this site anymore. It is a little worrying. i just wondered what you owners think of changing the balance when the exchange rate alters?

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    I assume you have a booking from or invoice which was signed when you first booked the villa. What ever price you agreed upon booking should be what you pay now. If the exchange rate had gone th eother way would they be giving you a refund - I doubt it.
    Christine

Florida Chatterbox
    Yes that excatly what I thought. They are now asking for all e mails regarding this and we have found one from the the company which confirms the balance in £'s and dollars so I hope they will honour this