Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ponderosa, anyone?

Florida Savvy

Ponderosa, anyone?

Hi, just wanted to get some opinions. How is the Ponderosa these days? We used to go regularly during the 1990's, when it was quite good (not excellent, but good value for the price). In the late 90's and early 2000's, we found that it had deteriorated to such an extent that we avoided the places. We have not tried it in recent years, but wondered if it had improved. Has anybody out there been recently?
    Scorpio

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    Not been to the Ponderosa since we tried Golden Corral, we find it much better value for money, I also feel less rushed.
    Lyn

Gold 5 Star Member
    We also prefer Golden Corral (usually tend to go to the newer one near Celebration) as there is a good choice for everybody and the food is ready instantly so no waiting around for orders to be taken etc. They have even added a chocolate fountain and candy floss machine in the last couple of visits. Only thing we didnt like last time was that where they used to cook the steaks to rder , they were doing them in batches so you ddint necessarily get it cooked how youu want.
    Babblin Boo

Florida Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post
    Hi, just wanted to get some opinions. How is the Ponderosa these days? We used to go regularly during the 1990's, when it was quite good (not excellent, but good value for the price). In the late 90's and early 2000's, we found that it had deteriorated to such an extent that we avoided the places. We have not tried it in recent years, but wondered if it had improved. Has anybody out there been recently?
    Yes we've been and no you shouldn't!

WE did not like it one little bit.....my side of mushrooms and onions were brought out to me mixed together and served in a polystyrene coffee cup.

If you want cheap then Golden Corral and we may even try Sizzler this year for breakfast based on a few other opinions. If we're not looking for a quick, cheap, buffet then it's iHop for us.
    Garry Pullan

Each to there own i say put i like Ponderosa for breakfast and golden corral for late tea /supper.I did notice last year the ponderosa on the 192 just past walmart had closed down so we had to use the one up by old town.

Romford, UK & Highgate Park, Davenport, Florida
    Only went once and that was more than enough, Golden Corral has a much wider choice of food for a similar price.

Sandra
    Sandra

Ponderosa....yuk!!

Florida Chatterbox DisneyPrincess's Avatar

Ponderosa, anyone?

I must admit, it's not our favourite place to eat but we don't mind it for the breakfast buffet (though, as a previous poster mentioned, we do prefer sizzler breakfasts) but its not bad value for money. We had dinner there last trip and hubby didn't enjoy his steak but I had chicken and had no complaints. It's cheap and I think this is reflected in the quality of the food but for budget dining it does what it says on the tin in my opinion.

With any if these chains, it is all about finding a good one. We used to use Ponderosa a lot when we first started visiting the area. Then we found a really good IHOP and stuck with that. Never had a good experience in Golden Corall but many others have.

It's ok for breakfast at a push but we have found it has gone downhill over the last couple of years. Possibly something to do with the recession in the US as we found there was always a good proportion on locals eating there.