Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Converting twin beds

Florida Chatterbox

Converting twin beds

Hi all, I sent out an enquiry recently for our holiday next August
    As expected I have received lots of e-mails which I am gradually sifting through.
    I asked for a villa with 3 double beds and a room with twin beds. Some of the owners have said they have twin beds which can be joined together to make
    a double/queen size bed. My question is - how does this work? won't whoever sleeps in the bed be able to feel the 2 beds joined in the middle ?

Margaret

Hi Margaret

We have twin beds that can be converted to a king bed, we use a special strap that holds the mattresses together and has a fur strip that covers the joint down the middle of the mattresses, but we also then cover them with a king size mattress topper and mattress protector, so you would never know the difference, hope that helps.
    Karen

Florida Chatterbox
    We also use the same method as Karen, no complaints from the guests who used the convert a bed room.

Florida Chatterbox
    Don't know if I'm allowed to post this link but if not I apologise.

Look at this http://www.comforthouse.com/playhouses.html and see how it can be done.

We also have the joiner as in the link above and then we put a king mattress on top. We've used it ourselves and you can't tell you are in a twin, so you shouldn't have any problems at all as long as it's not just 2 beds pushed together.
    Sarah

Florida Chatterbox
    Thanks for your replies, especially the link I can see how it can be acheived. We've narrowed our list down to 6 or more, so I guess I should just e-mail the individual owners and ask them!!

What a great idea!

Thanks for the link.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurel Oak View Post
    Don't know if I'm allowed to post this link but if not I apologise.

Look at this http://www.comforthouse.com/playhouses.html and see how it can be done.