Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Short Stay in Miami

Gold 5 Star Member
    Is the "total budget" £160 per night or, as I read it, for the 2 night stay? 2 nights beachfront for £160 is going to be very hard to find.

We stayed in a apt complex call Barbizon. Fantastic position right on Ocean Drive, South Beach, but quite old as all art deco building. That can cause some problems - small rooms and not the ensuites etc we expect now days !. I would recommend it for a night or two as the situation is so good for both the beach and restaurants but not so good if you intend to spend lots of time in doors.

This is the link
    http://www.floridasouthbeachrentals.com/

Sue
    Last edited by Gerry Reed; 26-02-2013 at 13:17.
    Gerry and Sue

Florida Newbie
    Thanks so much everyone for your tips and recommendations, as is usual from this forum. Katys Grandad – I was thinking of £160 in total but having looked at the recommendations from Martin, Lynne, Ian and Christine, Jan, Maurice and Sue I will be looking to see if I can put a bit more aside – perhaps only eating out at the Olive Garden two nights a week instead of 3 or 4. Lynne and Jan, thank you for putting my mind at rest about the drive, its so reassuring when you hear from people who have done it and enjoyed it. Armed with my new information I will now draw up plans for the two day holiday within a holiday!!!!
    Many thanks again you wonderful people.
    Tony

Gold 5 Star Member
    Glad to be of help, we are for the most a friendly old bunch, enjoy your trip and the planning.

Lynne

Can I put in a shout for the Surfcomber on Miami Beach? We haven't stayed there ourselves for quite a few years, but it was a great location and we really liked it at the time - just the right size and a proper art deco hotel. The recent reviews on trip advisor look good.
    Tonish