Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Short Stay in Miami

Florida Newbie

Short Stay in Miami

Hello everybody, we are staying in Rotonda in August for three weeks (can't wait) but thought it might be fun to drive down to Miami and stay for a couple of nights. There will be three of us, me, my wife and 15 year old daughter and we are looking for a beach front hotel. Budget around £160 in total. Has anybody got any recommendations or advice? Thank you!!

Florida Expert
    Presume this is not a round-trip to Miami from Rotonda - it is a long, boring drive.
    Clare R

Florida Newbie
    it is, but I was thinking of taking the Tamiami Trail, might be a bit more interesting?

Florida Expert
    Marginally in my view. It is two hours south to Naples, a further two hours across to Miami - each to their own !

Can't help you with hotels in Miami but be aware that Miami Beach is yet another step on from Miami itself.
    Clare R

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Narrator View Post
    it is, but I was thinking of taking the Tamiami Trail, might be a bit more interesting?
    The best that be said about the US41 route is that it's slightly more scenic than I75 but that's because I75 is just about the most tedious route around.

You should be able to find acceptable accomodation on that budget although spending a little more would be advisable. You might struggle to get anything beachfront though.
    Last edited by Katys Grandad; 25-02-2013 at 15:23.

If it were me I would stay at The Biltmore hotel, Coral Gables just outside Miami. Stunning hotel but the prices can vary from good to very pricey, you have to catch it right. I have stayed in Miami but would not recommend where we stayed (on the strip in one of those 'historic' art deco hotels). Your looking around $200 a night for 2 queen beds, if you book in advance.

Gold 5 Star Member
    I think the first time travelling across 41 will be interesting, there are places to pull in where you may see the odd Alligator snoozing in the shade and lots of birds.

There is also a visitors center half way, worth a stop.

Hotels I would also recommend Coral Gables, in August you may find some good deals especially if you book in advance.

Have fun in Rotonda, the beaches are fantastic as is the golf.

Lynne

Florida Chatterbox
    Have a look at Circa39 hotel - quirky, but clean and good location.

We loved the journey via Tamiami Trail, will be taking that trip again next year so that more members of my family can enjoy. Coral Gables, lovely place to stay - Miami was not my favourite visit though loved the airport.
    Jan

A guest of mine drove from Rotonda to Miami and stayed at Mondrian, A Morgans Hotel last summer. I believe they said it cost around £160 for a suite with balcony and sofa bed in living room. I would avoid staying on South Beach, particularly at weekends, as it can be very noisy until early hours of the morning. Personally I don't mind the drive from Rotonda. When we have done it we stop for lunch at a Cracker Barrel just before crossing to Miami and the journey seems less boring than driving on a motorway in England. As Lynne said there are places to pull over and plenty of birds and wildlife to see.
    Maureen Green