Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: payg mobiles

Florida Newbie

payg mobiles

hi we are a party of four but we will be splitting up for a week and need to keep in contact checked out using our own mobiles which i know is very expensive is there somewhere close to pointe orlando where we could buy 2 american payg on arrival..

Any walmart should be good that is what we did

Florida Newbie
    thx for that advice do you get them register them and is that it you dont need internet access do you?

No you can buy (what we did) a prepaid phone from Walmart for about 30$, we did have to phone a certain number to go through an automatic activation of the sim so you may have to use a public phone to do this, but apart from that once done you are good to go!

Florida Chatterbox
    Hi we ordered our mobiles online from the Walmart website and arranged to pick them up from a store closest to where we were staying. Can't remember how much we paid but they came with $30 (I think) already loaded onto them. We did have to register them online but I guess we could have done it over the phone.
    Margaret

Walmart have them for around $20 then you just buy a card with minutes on to go with them these start at around $16. We were looking at them in February at Cagan crossing and they had loads, the girl said they always carry a large stock as they are very popular with tourists
    Val

We bought 2 Tracfone PAYG phones at Walmart last month: 1 was $10 and can't do international calls, 1 was $20 and can. We then added airtime by buying Tracfone cards. You can activate them by phone. As it's a 1 800 number, you can do it from your hotel's or villa's phone without cost. It then lasts a few weeks or months depending how much you put on it, and the expiration date gets extended when you add airtime, so you can give the phone to someone who's travelling to the US within it, or keep it if you're travelling often. Very easy.

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    Our tracfone was $10 and can do international calls.
    Lyn

Gold 5 Star Member
    What I don't like about Tracfone is that you pay to receive calls as well as make them (not just International like our system. I've just got a couple of Readysims to try them on a couple of cheap unlocked handsets which we which we dont use which are quad band so hopefully will work. may be a bit dearer outlay but at least you can talk freely on incoming calls which is what we would prefer.
    Babblin Boo

Quote Originally Posted by steph_goodrum View Post
    What I don't like about Tracfone is that you pay to receive calls as well as make them (not just International like our system. I've just got a couple of Readysims to try them on a couple of cheap unlocked handsets which we which we dont use which are quad band so hopefully will work. may be a bit dearer outlay but at least you can talk freely on incoming calls which is what we would prefer.
    Interesting, I just looked these sims up, $25 for 14 day unlimited text+calls which would work in my quad band unlocked HTC.

Just seems that it can't do international calls :S Am I reading it wrong? The website seems to say only unlimited International SMS.
    Last edited by LFCGeorge; 10-04-2013 at 15:41.