Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Quick question about additional drivers

Gold 5 Star Member

Quick question about additional drivers

If an additional driver is added to the agreement, is there any requirement that the primary renter is still present?

My sons are looking to rent 1 car but are arriving and departing a day apart so the original renter will have gone home leaving just the additional driver for the last day.

Don't know if it's allowed or not, but we have definitely done it in the past without even considering if it was a requirement. Usually we have a gold booking, and there is nothing to sign when the car is returned, so it hasn't been a problem. But it is an interesting question and would be good to know the answer
    Tonish

I do know the answer to this - we've done it. At the collection the main renter has to be present but on the return you are never asked so once the additional driver is part of the rental then there is no issue...just my experience where we've left the car with my brother-in law for a week after we'd left and he returned the car later.

Administrator
    I confirm that is fine, for the lead driver not to be present when the secondary driver(s) drive, and a secondary driver can return the car alone.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Thanks for the replies. Must say that I'm pleasantly surprised by the answer.
    Last edited by Katys Grandad; 10-05-2013 at 23:32.