Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: International Driving Permit not required for holders of English driving licenses

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ujpest doza View Post
    Quick question about this.

Obviously i know i now don't need an IDP but is my old fashioned almost in tatters because it is over 20 years old paper driving licence without a photo bit still okay or do i have to bite the bullet and give the government £20.00 for new photo licence?
    We still use the old pink type and Stuart's is more selotape than paper and he has never had a problem at the car hire desk with it. Trouble with the new type is you have to keep sending the government an ever increasing amount every 10 years.

Florida Expert
    Thank you.
    I did get the form for the new ones when the IPD thing was mentioned but haven't had a photo done or sent it off.
    I keep my existing licence in my wallet at all times and when i open it out now it is in 8 square pieces hanging on by a thread so i should really get it renewed but begrudge having to pay and then having to pay again in 5 or 10 years time when my existing licence doesn't expire until 2038.

Quote Originally Posted by Jill View Post
    We still use the old pink type and Stuart's is more selotape than paper and he has never had a problem at the car hire desk with it. Trouble with the new type is you have to keep sending the government an ever increasing amount every 10 years.
    We have the same here in Ireland but the new ones are the "credit card" style - have to wait another 8 years to get one Mine will have disintegrated by then!!