Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: International Driving Permit

Quote Originally Posted by florida4sun View Post
    I am sure Roger is onto this but getting everything 100% takes time. In the mean time for £5.50 its worth popping to the post office and getting an int permit to be on the safe side http://www.postoffice.co.uk/internat...driving-permit .
    Just remember...that not only Brits visit this site and it's not a wee fiver for the IDP elsewhere in Europe. For example here in Norway it's £35 per person! Now for 3 drivers (who now need to rush off and get these) that isn't exactly pocket change for us. :/

Florida Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert the Frog View Post
    The AA website lists post offices throughout the country that issue these-unsure about where you live bargain queen but it might be worth a look
    I live just outside London, I've just looked at AA website and found one in East Cheap which could be easier to get to than Trafalgar Square. I also have to take passport as well as driving licence so am very nervous about loosing these documents.

I know of someone who was travelling to Heathrow and when she arrived all her documents had been stolen, it's so close to the flight that I'm loathe to take the risk. East Cheap may be ok as I can get there by mainline train, tubes are more of a risk.

Administrator
    We have been advised that if you collect in the next week or 2, that you will be fine to pick up your car even without the IDP. We strongly recommend you obtain an IDP if you still have time, even within the next couple of weeks, since there could still potentially be an issue if you are stopped by the police (although I think they will use common sense and not fine you since the law is so new and there are so many rental car drivers in the area).

I confirm this is Florida only, and the rest of the USA remains unchanged.

Will there be something to this effect posted on the Florida Car Rental Site?

Liz

Administrator
    Yes, we have already updated the terms and the FAQs on the sites, as well as posted on here and our Facebook page.

Quote Originally Posted by E. Cosgrove View Post
    Will there be something to this effect posted on the Florida Car Rental Site?

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    And we will be emailing all future Florida pickup orders in the morning, just in case anyone is not aware of the new law.

I am in Florida now and because of my length of stay will be changing my car on the 20th Feb . I do not leave Florida until the 27th March. What is the best way to obtain my IDP? Any ideas anyone? Is anyone else in a similar situation? I am quite worried about this situation.
    Angela

Florida Chatterbox
    To obtain it you either apply in person at selected post offices or by post via AA.

What I would do is carry your E ticket wth you in the car to help you explain should you get stopped why you didn't apply for a IDP before you left UK.

International Driving Permit

Hi roger
    I'll be there on march 12th and have the van rented thru Alamo. This is the first I heard about it, just saw it on Caroline's mail. I'm from canada and one of my businesses I own a post office outlet and this has not gone thru my company doesn't know anything about it but I will contact corporate office about it in the morning.
    Randy Johnston

Administrator
    The car rental companies had not even heard about it until this week, so it doesn't surprise me that you had not heard either. I have a feeling the decision may be reversed in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by randyj View Post
    Hi roger
    I'll be there on march 12th and have the van rented thru Alamo. This is the first I heard about it, just saw it on Caroline's mail. I'm from canada and one of my businesses I own a post office outlet and this has not gone thru my company doesn't know anything about it but I will contact corporate office about it in the morning.