Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A bit confused over the toll roads.

Nova Scotia, Canada & Windsor Palms Resort Kissimmee
    We were just in Florida and drove several times from the airport to Windsor Palms Resort on the 192. We just paid the few tolls we encountered with cash. Also made a trip to Tampa and again just used cash to pay the tolls. We just declined the pass from the rental company and paid on our own.

I know, it can be confusing because sometimes you don't know whether to get a pass, go with the rental company's deal or just pay cash. Paying our own tolls was the easiest for us.

Sharon

Florida Newbie
    Thanks to everyone for the replies, my last trip was in oct 2010 and there was no mention anywhere of changing the booths.
    jills link gives the information about the charges from Dollar. I am thinking that buying a sunpass transponder may be a wise move long term. also, if I see a cheap sat-nav on this trip then that's a possibility as well.
    I do think Dollar may try to sell/push this when we get there, if so , i'll post here.
    I'm off to bed soon as I've got a 7am start, driving up to Manchester in the morning, for the 12.35 flight.
    again thank you to all, as the replies have eased my mind now.