Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Opening

Florida Chatterbox

Opening

Hi all.

i can remember reading something along the lines of an opening parade or show for MK. is this still true? and is it standard opening times or only if you are on site staying there?

thanks

All I remember for 2011 was all the characters arriving by train and being intoduced to eveybody at about 8.00am. I was not staying at a Disney hotel so there may be something else.
    Keith

Gold 5 Star Member
    I think you mean the rope drop parade? I've not seen it but others have but not sure exactly how you find out what time it is held.
    Babblin Boo

Super Moderator
    We have seen the parade before the park opens at Magic Kingdom. Micky and friends all arrive by train and perform a short show before you are allowed into the park. You can enter the park and walk through Main Street, think some of the places were open but if you want the rides then you are held at strategic points behind a rope until the official park opening. The show was a colourful and fun start to the day and at the time we were not staying on site at Disney.

Florida Chatterbox freddiehollie's Avatar
    They don't always arrive on the train & perform....:-(:-(

On our last visit we went early to see this (we have seen it before), This time they just did a countdown, then let everyone in[msnsad]

Our little ones were very disappointed. Especially as we stood at the front, waiting for the train. Only to end up towards the back of the queue, as the later arrivals went into the spaces at the sides.

Therefore ending up at the front of the entrance queue[msnsad][msnsad] Under the tunnels......
    mike