Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: When to visit in July or August

Florida Junior

When to visit in July or August

I'm just wondering if anyone has experience of visiting during the UK school holidays.

I am going to pick 2 weeks sometime between July 20 and 17 August.

I am quite prepared for it to be busy but having school age kids we can only go in the school holidays.

My question is will it be very busy throughout the whole time or is it quieter first two weeks of my dates or last two weeks.

Any help appreciated. Many thanks for reading .

Florida Chatterbox
    The later the better in my experience although your end date is 17th August? If that's a start date for the holiday then i would go with that.

Try and get as close as you can to when they go back in September. I have family going on 23rd August this year for 2 weeks.

I on the other hand am going in October spanning the school holidays so taking the kids out of school for the days that do not overlap.
    Garry Pullan

Florida Junior
    Thanks for the reply Garry.

I have to be back at work by Monday 19th August so it will be 2 wks sometime in between 20/7 and 17/8.

We took our kids out of school last year over Easter for a big road trip from NY to FL to celebrate our 40th's. My eldest sons headteacher (reluctantly) authorised 5 days then and said in writing he would not authorise any more term time holidays whilst my son remains there. He has 4 yrs left at that senior school so there's no way I will be able to get him out of school.

Florida Junior
    Hi.
    The kids are also out of school here for the summer also over your dates.
    So it will be busy.
    The only thing I would consider is if you get jet lag travel sooner.
    So you can back on your time zone.
    Have a great trip.
    David.

Gold 5 Star Member
    We always travel around those dates as tied to school holidays too. Last year we left as soon as they finished in July. It was busy, but it always is in school holidays. We had a fantastic time, visited shopping malls, (Home Depot for us). Our sons went to the parks on their own as they are old enough now but never complained of the queues. We met up with them at City Walk a number of evenings. The boys also had plenty of time to adjust and prepare for the start of the school year and to start any reading before term started.

Have a great trip.
    Jan&Steve

Don't think it would make much difference during that period. If it was after the 17th I would say go then as a lot quieter.
    Dominic & Melanie Graham

We always go mid-July - early-Mid August.. I prefer the busyness

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    The parks are always open later during busy times so should not be a problem, before we retired I worked in a school so had to visit during July/August my biggest problem was the heat. I would go for July then the kids have time to get over there jet lag and be prepared for the new school year.
    Lyn