Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Somewhere New

Garry, if you want something a little out of the ordinary, and if you want to be treated like royalty, then try afternoon tea at the Ritz Carlton.

We did, and it was amazing - far better than the one at the Disney Floridian Hotel.

Very relaxing, fantastic service, and delicious food, in very comfortable surroundings.

They even do a Peter Rabbit tea for children.
    ellie

Florida Chatterbox mary and colin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ellie View Post
    Garry, if you want something a little out of the ordinary, and if you want to be treated like royalty, then try afternoon tea at the Ritz Carlton.

We did, and it was amazing - far better than the one at the Disney Floridian Hotel.

Very relaxing, fantastic service, and delicious food, in very comfortable surroundings.

They even do a Peter Rabbit tea for children.

Sounds lovely Ellie for something a bit different.
    Will see if we can go sometime.
    Did you need to dress up?

Mary

Quote Originally Posted by gpullan View Post
    Loving the replies!!!!

So Cherry Pocket and the Tiki Bar on Lake Minneola look fantastic but with a party of 10 including 6 kids, perhaps not the best places as they are small and maybe not suited to a big group. Hope i'm wrong.
    I think it depends when you visit these places as to how busy you will find then. We go to the Tiki Bar mid-week and later in the afternoon when they have a steady flow but not rammed. There is also a beach between the Tiki Bar and the Lake for you to use.

I definately have Cherry Pocket on my list for my next visit - I love the 'off the beaten track' places as they are usually very interesting and you get lots of locals chating to you once they hear the English accent - although some of the places (and people) reminds me of Criminal Minds!!!!!

So Cherry Pocket and the Tiki Bar on Lake Minneola look fantastic but with a party of 10 including 6 kids, perhaps not the best places as they are small and maybe not suited to a big group. Hope i'm wrong.
    There are tables inside the Cherry Pocket that can be pushed together for larger groups. Outside on the deck, there are a few central 'bench style' tables that can be pushed together for groups, so you should be fine. If you look at the pictures on the link above, the last photograph shows a large group using the tables pushed together - about 8 on each side in the photo, so you should be fine. Alternatively, you could get two tables next to each other, one for the kids and one for the adults. You may have to wait a little while for the bench tables, but there's plenty for the kids to explore while you wait or you can sit in the sun and have a drink.
    Sarah

Florida Savvy
    If you like a good burger, don't forget Steak n Shake - and the shakes are terrific.
    Scorpio

Ssshhhhh don't tell everyone lol

Quote Originally Posted by Philomena View Post
    For something completely different try the Tiki Bar at Lake Minneola. They do a great burger, Bud at $1 a glass and the best sunsets. It is tucked away at the side of the Lake and frequented by locals. Fine dining it is not, but for a nice, relaxing afternoon or a laid back evening it is great. Straight up the 27, cross the 50, carry on a couple of miles north and turn left.

As most will know, we have been each year for the past 4 and tend to do the same things each time for dining out. We are going with our friends this year and thought we might like to try somewhere new (apart from Mannys)!!

We frequent:

Manny's (obviously)
    Olive Garden
    Cheesecake Factory
    Outback
    Longhorn's
    Usual fast food - Johnny Rockets, Mc D's, Subway etc...

We have been but won't return to:

Cici's Pizza
    Ponderosa (Don't ask!)
    Charleys
    Mortons
    Denny's

So.....avoiding all the above, where is good? Excluding in the parks and excluding Downtown Disney.

Thanks in advance.

Logans
    Roger

Quote Originally Posted by mary and colin View Post
    Sounds lovely Ellie for something a bit different.
    Will see if we can go sometime.
    Did you need to dress up?

Mary
    Well, Mary, dress code is always fairly laid back in Florida, so I don't think there is any particular requirement, but I did wear a dress as I like any excuse to wear something a little less informal, but you definitely don't need ties for the men, or anything fancy for the ladies. It just seemed a nice occassion to dress up for.

If you get a chance, do try it.

I will try to upload some photos, but not having much success at the moment. Think they are too large, so must work out how to make them smaller. [msnembarrased]
    ellie

Florida Chatterbox mary and colin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ellie View Post
    Well, Mary, dress code is always fairly laid back in Florida, so I don't think there is any particular requirement, but I did wear a dress as I like any excuse to wear something a little less informal, but you definitely don't need ties for the men, or anything fancy for the ladies. It just seemed a nice occassion to dress up for.

If you get a chance, do try it.

I will try to upload some photos, but not having much success at the moment. Think they are too large, so must work out how to make them smaller. [msnembarrased]
    Thanks Ellie i love to put a nicer dress on in Florida for a change, rather than a sundress or shorts (now that is a sight for sore eyes) and this sounds a great place to do so. I look forward to giving it a try.

Hope to see some photos soon

Mary

If you like ribs then Millers Ale house is good on a Monday evening for their ribs special, a full rack of baby back ribs, choice of potato and coleslaw for $10.99 (usual price $15.99) the pitchers of beer are really good value too. They have a different special every night but the ribs are our favourite.
    Julie