Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Somewhere New

For something completely different try the Tiki Bar at Lake Minneola. They do a great burger, Bud at $1 a glass and the best sunsets. It is tucked away at the side of the Lake and frequented by locals. Fine dining it is not, but for a nice, relaxing afternoon or a laid back evening it is great. Straight up the 27, cross the 50, carry on a couple of miles north and turn left.

Somewhere New

Gary I couldn't agree more with the restaurants never to eat at again, we tried sweet tomatoes in October past and ending up there twice on the same trip. Our favors are Olive Garden and Applebee's
    Randy Johnston

As well as some of the places you have mentioned we like to include a trip ( usually more than one!) to Carrabas and Bonefish Grill.

Liz

Bahama Breeze is one of my favorites, the food and cocktails are excellent, especially during Happy Hour. We also love the Jambalaya at Houllians - it's delicious.

For something totally different and as far from the beaten track as you can get, The Cherry Pocket is a great experience. It's a good drive away, in Lake Wales, but the food and atmosphere are great for a laid back, away from it all afternoon or evening. Hard to find, so you'd need a GPS or good directions. Don't expect fine dining and linen napkins though.
    http://www.orlandovillarentals.com/o...estaurant.aspx
    Sarah

Florida Chatterbox
    I second Cherry Pocket, amazing place! We went last year and eventually found it tucked away in the forest, and it was packed! Had a great relaxing meal overlooking the lake and listening to the live music. Great to see some locals coming in via speedboat and even by plane landing on the lake.
    Andy

Gold 5 Star Member
    Have you ever been to Disney's Boardalk? You follow the sign to the Boardwalk hotel and sho your passport at the entrance when they ask for id and tell them you are going to the boardwalk, they will show you where to park. Walking round there are several restaurants (you can get toSwan, Dolphin, Beach and Yacht Club hotels as well as the Boardwalk. They each have places to eat as well as the Boardwalk itself (which also has a huge ESPN sports bar. (Mind you the pulled pork sanwich from one of the stalls in the middle is good). You can relax on the sand for a while (in the evenings you can even watch a movie each night on the large outdoor screen. (Definitely in the winter not sure about summer).
    Babblin Boo

We like Blue Zoo in the Dolphin hotel, Bahama Breeze is always a must on any trip, Villa de Flora in the Gaylord Palms Hotel is popular with our kids. Texas de Brazil on International Drive (register on their website before you go and make sure it's somebodies birthday or anniversary while you're there [msnwink] and you'll receive a discount voucher) Seasons 52 at Dr Phillips (just off Sandlake Road) - All this talk of food is making me realise I haven't had any breakfast yet!
    Caroline & Dave

Florida Chatterbox
    Loving the replies!!!!

So Cherry Pocket and the Tiki Bar on Lake Minneola look fantastic but with a party of 10 including 6 kids, perhaps not the best places as they are small and maybe not suited to a big group. Hope i'm wrong.
    We are not really massive fish lovers which is a shame as i love the look of the places mentioned, just perhaps not for us.

Sweet Tomatoes sounds interesting even though we are all meat lovers....definitely something different there and would like to try that.
    Bahama Breeze is another one that looks a favourite, again something different to the usual steakhouses.

Yes been to the Boardwalk Steph, loved it there but didn't eat so perhaps this year if we get chance to go down there.

Thanks for all the replies and making me very hungry at 9:30am on a cold Friday morning in Leeds!!!!
    Garry Pullan

Can recommend Bonefish Grill on the 192 - very good food. Also for something different, the French restaurant "Paris" at Champions Gate is good. It's not hard to spot if you're passing, it's around the end of the block from Publix.
    Pam

Somewhere New

Try texas roadhouse in kissimmee
    We go there when in florida its great does steaks chicken ect
    Cant wait for our return and we only been home a week lol