Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Two questions. Alamo kiosks & rental prices

Florida Junior

Two questions. Alamo kiosks & rental prices

Hi All,

I've read the Alamo kiosks thread, what is the latest most up to date situation, working or not? Anybody tried recently? Hoping to travel later this year, will book car here if we do, Irish license.

Second question, just wondering if the rental prices fluctuate on this site or do they tend to stay stable enough?

thanks

Administrator
    The kiosks are pretty reliable now. We do get the occasional one fail, but often that is due to not following the guidelines (http://www.uscarhire.com/alamokiosks.aspx)

If you have a credit card, have pre-registered and manually enter your license number then you should be fine.

Our Alamo prices are pretty stable and are not affected in general by exchange rates or other factors. I know there may be a small increase across the board in around 3-4 weeks but my guess is that will be around 2%

Florida Expert
    Tampa airport a week ago, no luck with an old style paper UK licence, didn't recognise the number - so first attempt, a failure. Save Time and everything else all completed before we left UK.
    Clare R

Worked 95% for us in mid December. Came up with could not complete or something at the end but member of Alamo staff overseeing kiosks said it was OK and to go ahead and collect car.
    Maureen Green

Florida Junior
    Thanks for the answers. Can you pre-register to use the kiosks once you have made your booking, paying the deposit only or do you have to wait until the final balance is paid?

Florida Chatterbox
    You have to wait until you get the voucher which happens after you pay the final balance.
    Garry Pullan

Two questions. Alamo kiosks & rental prices

I always call to pre register it makes it faster to get out of the airport and to villa fast. I called today thru airmiles for Alamo and got a full sedan for $56 for 9 days; next week. I go for the annual brothers trip. I am not taking family so I don't need the van but got a ford Taurus. I asked lady 3 times if the price was correct. She said yes. I didn't want to ask again in case she upped the price. Lol
    Randy Johnston

Florida Junior
    question on Alamo. I want to hire a HHR, what catagory is this in?
    I also have a one day free voucher from Alamo, can I use that on us car hire. The voucher was issued because I was in corespondence with them re previous car hire with us car hire.

We always use Alamo & have been able to get a HHR as an "Intermediate" for the last 4 years (at least !!).
    The last visit (Sept) the only one available had 35K miles but O.K.
    Looking at the Chevy website, the HHR was discontinued early last year so suspect that it will not be available as a rental from any supplier by now ....
    Real shame as its the ideal beast for us, drives well, loads of room & will even 'swallow' a standard sized dryer in its box !!!!

Administrator
    Unfortunately the one day free voucher for Alamo will be good only for a direct booking with Alamo on their US site. The problem being the extra taxes, insurances and surcharges will far outweigh any saving of the free day