Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Target Red Card

Florida Savvy

Question Target Red Card

Good afternoon.

Has anyone who is not a resident and therefore does not have a social security number, applied for the Red Card at Target?

I am just about to equip a recently purchased condo and thought the 5% off purchases would come in useful.

Your Tax ID number should work ok.

Florida Savvy
    Take advice on that, when you come to sell they will want to see that your taxes are up to date. With the Target card, might be worth applying on store (if you can) and explain that you own property in Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by florida4sun View Post
    Your Tax ID number should work ok.
    Martin, I don't have a tax id number!

No one has ever said I needed one, I assume thats because I have no plans to rent the condo. Just to use it for the winter months.
    Last edited by florida4sun; 16-01-2013 at 17:41.

Whoops sorry, I replied inside your post!

Florida Savvy
    Thanks, will do.

Target do two types of Red Card one is debit and the other credit.

Getting the credit one will be impossible but if you take a blank check (cheque) into a Target store you should be able to get the debit vesion.

Dave
    Dave Lewis

Florida Savvy
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveL View Post
    Target do two types of Red Card one is debit and the other credit.

Getting the credit one will be impossible but if you take a blank check (cheque) into a Target store you should be able to get the debit vesion.

Dave
    Thanks Dave. A debit account is just what I want.

Please let me know how you go on. I applied for the debit account in December using my tax number instead of a SSN (which I don't have) and the supervisor at customer service said that would be fine. Unfortunately it was declined there and then, so the supervisor had to send it to head office for authorisation. I got a letter a week later saying that they can only accept accounts with a SSN. The supervisor did give me 5% discount on my purchase that day, so plan to buy as much as you can on the day you apply and hopefully they will give you the 5%. I had to provide photo ID, a utility bill with my address and my ITIN.

I really can't understand why they wouldn't give the debit account, they are taking no risks at all, as the payment comes directly out of your own bank account. I was leaving a couple of days after I got the letter, but I will be writing to them when I get back to query the decline.
    Sarah

I think it gets declined if your address for your bank card is the UK even though your bank is in the US. i tried last year and they said the postal adress on my bank account had to be in the US.
    Angela

I don't live in the UK so the address on my card and bank is my US address. So even with a US bank, with a US address and an ITIN, it still got declined.
    Sarah