Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which villa community to stay in

Oh dear I really must spell check, of course I meant to say 'any' cooking. But once I find some ants I will try to cook them. We rarely see many as we have that great company 'Best Pest' do all our pest control.

Andrena

Hi Margie

You mention Solana as a possibility. It certainly meets all your requirements. It is a small gated community, about 240 homes. The gate is manned which makes entry and exit very easy for guests. The facilities are extremely great, fabulous clubhouse, pool & spa with concierge service and the Resort Manager lives on site. There is a Tiki bar so you can enjoy a drink or bar meal. Plus is it's close to shops, restaurants and great access for the I4 which is the main arterial road leading to all the parks and shopping outlets.

Happy to give any further info if required.
    Catherine
    Catherine & Mike

There are some great communities out there and I would certainly not get fixed on it having to be gated. A lot of communities have security working there to give you extra piece of mind.

Questions like location, whether you will use clubhouse facilities etc should factor. But my main tick box is the property you are staying at, this is where you spend most of your time when not in the parks.
    Dominic & Melanie Graham

Florida Savvy
    As stated before, don't get too hung up on the community, except for its location in respect of what you want to do (parks, shopping, town centres etc.)
    The most important item is the villa - choose one which suits your needs and has the facilities to make your holiday enjoyable. In my experience, gated communities do not offer much better security than ungated ones - we have seen many cars "tailgating" through the gates and often the gates are left open for utility vehicles. Also, most gates have a "contractors code", used when building work is progressing, but these codes often remain unchanged for many years and the locals know what they are. On the plus side; we have never experienced any security problems at any villa we have stayed in - and there are many. Look for reviews on the villa you choose - we once stayed in one of the "nice" long established communities, but the villa was the grottiest we have ever seen, but that was before the internet was so widely available, so we trusted the owner and the photographs sent to us (obviously taken when the villa was new). Whatever you choose, have a great time and if you need any advice, there are many very experienced visitors on this site, so just ask.
    Scorpio

Hi Margie

Welcome to the OV Family.

Have fun looking at the many lovely villas on this site. It is all part of the enjoyment planning your visit. I am sure you will have a wonderful time wherever you choose.