Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which villa community to stay in

Florida Newbie

Smile Which villa community to stay in

This is my first post so hiya to you all.

We are looking to come out to Florida this year (haven't been for 5 years) for 2 weeks to celebrate our retirement from work.
    Last time we came out we rented a private villa and stayed at Calabay Parc but would like to try somewhere different this time.
    We are always concerned about safety so a gated community with some facilities like a shop and clubhouse would be good.
    Obviously as there are only the 2 of us we don't need anything too large and don't need kids facilities or anything but do want a private pool.
    Like everyone, we want to be fairly close to the theme parks and a supermarket.
    Solana is one that seems to keep popping up as quite suitable for us, but all ideas or suggestions would be greatly received.
    Thankyou

Florida Chatterbox
    Hi and welcome.

If you look at the community map http://www.orlandovillas.com/map.aspx you will see all the locations of the various communities with a brief desciption for each. In the past i have used this to get an idea of where i want to be. At the end of the day, there are lots of different communities offering lots of different things.

We have stayed at Windsor Palms and Highlands Reserve twice. This year is Crescent Lakes.

We look at the villa rather than the community to be honest. Windsor Palms is gated and has a communal pool, shop, arcade, cinema and games room....didn't use any of it hence tried Highlands the next time as it has a golf course on site.

Crescent Lakes for this year was chosen as i have heard lots of good things about it, seems to be more spaced out than other communities and is handy for all directions without being on top of it all.

Make a list of your desired facilities and rough location and the villa for you will just pop out i'm sure.

Have fun planning and using this site for a world of information on anything Florida!
    Last edited by gpullan; 16-01-2013 at 13:31.
    Garry Pullan

Hi Margie and welcome to OV furum .
    Which community to stay is a hard question to answer, there are so many lovely communities in the area of the parks, attractions
    and shops.

I suggest you first make a short list of the villas that you really like. Finding a home that you love is far more important.
    Enjoy choosing a home for your Florida holiday.
    Last edited by luckylady; 16-01-2013 at 19:45.
    Barbara

The community is just something most people drive through as they go to and from the villa.

Unless you have big plans to use lots of community facilities then your first priority should be to make a shortlist of the villas you want to stay in.

Just my view on picking the right holiday location.

Dave
    Dave Lewis

Florida Expert
    Welcome to the forum Margie!
    You could always put in a general enquiry to the sites on the links above with your preferred dates and then see what response you get? I would agree that the most important thing is the house you choose rather than the community - just put your 'definite must-haves' on the enquiry form and look forward to making the choice!!
    Dawn

Romford, UK & Highgate Park, Davenport, Florida
    I was also going to say put in a general enquiry with a list of things you would like and see which villas are available for your dates and then go through them untiil you have a shortlist, that way at least you know that whichever you choose will be available.

I'm sure you'll find a lovely home to stay in [msnsmile]

Sandra
    Sandra

Hi Margie
    welcome to OV,
    we have been to florida on many occassions now and dont fancy anywhere else... unless its just a quickie break for just husband Steve and myself...
    we have stayed up at florida pines the first two visits and ever since after being shown villas nearer the 192 we decided to stay at a gated community Terra Verde, most villas/houses have their own pools or hot tubs and also a communal pool with a tikki bar so u can have a nice lunch/drink round the pool also do movies on a mega large screen and discos, (not sure if they are still doing that will have to go check) TV is close to walmart within 2 miles so nip there n back with goodies if u need anymore advice im sure many on here will offer some valuable advice xx
    Liesa

Like others it is the home that is the most important. If you plan a slightly longer stay then you want one that caters for this. Things like extra kitchen facilities for instance if you plan to do ant cooking. A gated community is not essential, we don't live on one and have never in all the years had any problems. Also if you want to go to the parks then close proximatey is good, same if you want to golf. Whichever home you book have a wonderful trip.

Andrena

Florida Chatterbox
    Sorry, Andrena you typo error (if you plan to do ant cooking) did make me laugh.

I wanted to out some smilies but forgot he to add them!

Super Moderator
    Could 'ant cooking' be a new Florida speciality[grin]