Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Breakfast

Florida Chatterbox

brekky..ponderosa...?

We used to go to ponderosa when we first started going out...but it deteriorated over a few years...it's not mentioned at all in this thread it's it still going? .....

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    Yes its still going but we haven't used it since we found golden corral.
    Lyn

Quote Originally Posted by Joolz View Post
    We used to go to ponderosa when we first started going out...but it deteriorated over a few years...it's not mentioned at all in this thread it's it still going? .....
    We did try the restored one on 192 - same side as Golden Corral on Formosa...it was much cleaner but still had the problem of stuff looking like it had sitting a long time and children putting hands on food displays!! Plus order your eggs, go to buffet and eggs brought to the table as they are ready - we didn't like this as we like the eggs, toast and bacon together.

Perkins & Cracker Barrel in the main for us - that is when we are not enjoying our brekkie Poolside at the Villa!! Ponderosa not too bad but lost its appeal when The Mail stopped being printed in Florida - you could buy a copy for $1 dollar when having breakfast.

I really miss my Mail when in Florida. It is not the same to read it on line.

Florida Chatterbox
    I have made a note of all the places recommended for Breakfast - My husband and son remember Ponderosa with great affection ( I don't especially!!!) so they are planning to head there - I read elsewhere that it had deteriorated.... any one have views on that?
    also where is Mimis??
    and is the Perkins 55 plus for people aged 55 plus??

I love a good IHOP, for my vote. They have an 'egg substitute' option when you order one of their omelettes which is a little healthier than the normal version and I'm hard-pressed to taste the difference.

...Mmmm - I'm hungry now!

Florida Chatterbox
    Mimis is at the Loop, John Young Parkway.

Florida Chatterbox DisneyFunVilla's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joolz View Post
    I have made a note of all the places recommended for Breakfast - My husband and son remember Ponderosa with great affection ( I don't especially!!!) so they are planning to head there - I read elsewhere that it had deteriorated.... any one have views on that?
    also where is Mimis??
    and is the Perkins 55 plus for people aged 55 plus??
    There is also a Mimi's Café in Winter Garden Village. Take 429 up to exit 19. I don't know if that's closer than the Loop, but if you're headed in that direction, it may be something to consider.
    Mike